3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 3:31 PM by Netozai

Where is the "baseline shift" property in the text editor in fireworks cs4?

Netozai

I'm trying to design a logo involving attaching text to a circular path as shown in the tutorial below.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=E9774 (tutorial for Fireworks MX)

Unlike the tutorial, which uses Fireworks MX, I'm using Fireworks CS4. I could not find the "baseline shift" property in the text editor of Fireworks CS4. Even the Adobe Help documentation for Fireworks CS4 refer to the "baseline shift" property, but I can't seem to find it in the graphic user interface of my Firework CS4 (version 10.0.03.011). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

PK

• 1. Re: Where is the "baseline shift" property in the text editor in fireworks cs4?
          Junaid Atari Level 1

Thank you so much for your email, Jony will read email when come online.

Thanks and its automated system, thats why you got message.

Thanks again, Thanks.

Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari!

• 2. Re: Where is the "baseline shift" property in the text editor in fireworks cs4?
            Linda Nicholls Level 4

It's here:

basline.gif

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Where is the "baseline shift" property in the text editor in fireworks cs4?
              Netozai Level 1

Thanks Linda for your response. It was helpful.

After seeing your message I tried again and found the exact reason why I was unable to see the "baseline shift" command/feature in the properties window. The correct answer is I have to double click on the text (after it's attached to the path) for the properties window to display the "baseline shift" command/feature. One way to verify this is... after double clicking on the text, you should be able to see the slow blinking cursor on the text.

What I was doing earlier was... just click on the text attached to the path and I would not see the "baseline shift" command/feature on the Text properties window. Before attach a text to a path, I see two separate set of properties for the two objects in Fireworks -- a Text properties window and a Path properties window. And I did not have any problem seeing the "baseline shift" command/feature for the text before I attach it to the path. Once I attach the text to the path, Fireworks shows the newly combined object as a Text. Now, if I simply select the new object by using a single click (using mouse), Fireworks shows a Text properties windows that does not include the "baseline shift" command/feature. But, as I learned, if you do select the same new object using a double click (using mouse), you will see a different Text properties window... this time WITH the "baseline shift" command/feature.

Thanks again Linda.