Some suggestions... and answer at least the 16 questions at the end of the Wiki article.
A couple of possible situations.
1. The program does not like the dance recitals and goes on strike after processing the first one.
2. You are using AME on your iPhone.
3. Your are trying to edit 8 mm celluloid.
4. You pulled the plug from the wall outlet during the second recital.
5. Your neighbor started mowing the grass.
One thing to try is to purge your media cache. To do so, launch AME, go into the preferences, click on the media tab and select the 'clean' button.
Great tools in your post, thanks.
Dradeke, I will try that once the current one is done encoding.
I had several jobs cued up 2 weeks ago and that worked fine.
Thanks Dennis, that worked!
Great. Glad to hear it.