2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2007 1:42 PM by B_Nemo

Spry Vert Menu problem

B_Nemo
      Hi,
      A little history... I am new to DW (CS3) and am trying to teach myself. I have built a couple sites prior so I know just enough to be dangerous... :)
      I have a site I am developing with a frameset layout. "fixed top, nested left" in DW terms.
      Problem: My left panel is my 'menu' html. When I create a vertical menu w/spry widget and has a menu with a submenu, the submenus seem to go 'behind' the main page or what I call the body of my webpage. Is there a way to have the menus 'float' over a bordering page on a frameset ? My description might be less than crystal so please ask what info is needed. This site is not posted anywhere so there is no code to inspect ..yet..
      TIA,
      B
        • 1. Re: Spry Vert Menu problem
          Level 7
          B_Nemo wrote:
          > A little history... I am new to DW (CS3) and am trying to teach myself. I
          > have built a couple sites prior so I know just enough to be dangerous... :)

Obviously not enough to know that each frame in a frameset is a separate
          window. You cannot make the content of one frame display over the
          content of another. It's one of the many disadvantages of frames.

--
          David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
          Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
          Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
          http://foundationphp.com/
          • 2. Re: Spry Vert Menu problem
            B_Nemo Level 1
            Thanks David... I had a strong feeling that was the issue I was dealing with, just wanted to know for sure I wasn't chasing the wrong wrong 'problem'