3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2010 7:29 AM by nuggety

Flash site not loading correctly - why?

nuggety

I've done this site in Flash - it's not terribly large or complicated. SWF size is about 900k. There are several navigation buttons at the top that take you to the various pages.

The site is here: www.azaleatrio.com

Everything works perfectly when I preview the movie from Flash and in fact it works perfectly when I access the site from my computer. But from any other computer, when you click on the "Who We Are" button at top, the content of the page (on 2 separate layers) does not appear (it, like the other pages, is set to fade in quickly). However, if you look at the bottom of the browser, it says "transferring data from azaleatrio.com" and if you wait long enough, the content does eventually appear (though it takes upwards of 2 minutes).

This does not happen on any other page and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on or how to fix it. Why would all the content not simply load at the beginning before displaying?? Why would it be only this page with a problem?? I would be hugely appreciative of any advice, tips or insight!!

• 1. Re: Flash site not loading correctly - why?
          funkysoul Level 4

works fine for me, FF3.6 FP10.1

• 2. Re: Flash site not loading correctly - why?
            nuggety Level 1

Thanks! Do you have any idea why it would be working on some computers/browsers but not for others?? It works fine in FF and Safari on my computer, but when I run Parallels and open it in IE6, I get that issue (Who We Are only shows certain layers, Listen to Music button links don't work). Then when I open it in FF and Safari on my laptop, I get the same issues too.

I am at my wits end trying to figure out why this is happening! It doesn't seem to be a problem with the actual Flash file because otherwise it wouldn't work at all, right? I even uploaded it to two different servers thinking that may be the problem but it's the same on both - works on some, not on others.

• 3. Re: Flash site not loading correctly - why?
              Andrei1 Level 6

First of all you have several erroneous references in your HTML to Scripts folder that doesn't exist. Browsers throw at least on JS error because it cannot find swfobject_modified (not that I have noticed you are using it anywhere).

2. For some reason http://www.azaleatrio.com/azaleatrio2.swf loads twice. Perhaps this is because youh ave line

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="azaleatrio2.swf" width="1024" height="700">

I don't think your object/embed tags are written properly.

3. Name of mp3 has space in it. I am not sure this is such a good thing because different systems may not handle urls encoding/decoding gracefully. I suggest you remove this space. My the way, thransfer message at the bottom refers to this mp3.

In addition, with the situations like this,