3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2010 6:28 AM by Steve Grisetti

Blue thumbnail

Garklink

All my video thumbnails in Premiere Elements show up as a generic blue film strip rather than a thumbnail of the video.  How do I fix that?

• 1. Re: Blue thumbnail
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of camcorder are they from and how did you get them into your computer, Beach.

• 2. Re: Blue thumbnail
            Garklink Level 1

Thank you, Steve.

The videos are shot with a Canon HSF100.  To download them I pull out the SD card, insert it into the computer and follow the instructions in premier.

• 3. Re: Blue thumbnail
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That camcorder appears to shoot in AVCHD.

Have you ensured that you have the latest version of Quicktime and have you gone to Windows Update manually to ensure you have even the non-critical updates for Windows (which can include important drivers)?

Is your Premiere Elements project set to AVCHD?

This cam also appears to shoot in 24p mode. If you shoot in 24p, you will likely have problems editing the video in Premiere Elements. You need to shoot in standard NTSC or PAL mode and ensure that your project settings match the pixel dimensions (Does it shoot 1920x1080 or 1440x1080?) and audio for your video source.

If you ahve done all that and are still having problems, it may be that your system isn't powerful enough to work with AVCHD. AVCHD usually requires at least a quad core processor and heavy (4 gigs) load of RAM.

My books, available on Amazon.com and at the Muvipix store offer much more information on working with the programs. I also offer a free Basic Training with Premiere Elements tutorial series at http://Muvipix.com that may answer many of your questions.