2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 2:46 AM by wattscott

PDF file cannot read!!!

sonicpan

Clarify the version first:

Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

When I download a PDF file from a French website, I cannot read the content of it. I mean that there are unknown words in the file.

And I occrrued the error message called <Cannot find or create the font '410E6cbfArialUnicodeMS'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.>

What's root cause of the problem? Do you have any solutions about it? Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: PDF file cannot read!!!
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

sonicpan wrote:

Clarify the version first:

Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

First, you really should remove one or the other. It is not recommended nor supported to have both. They share and battle for resources which could cause many unpredictable (and predictable) problems.

sonicpan wrote:

When I download a PDF file from a French website, I cannot read the content of it. I mean that there are unknown words in the file.

And I occrrued the error message called <Cannot find or create the font '410E6cbfArialUnicodeMS'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.>

Sounds like the fonts have not been embedded in to the file properly. Do you have a link to the PDF?

• 2. Re: PDF file cannot read!!!
            Level 1

Maybe it is because that you don't have installed that font on your computer. Try to get one and it would be OK