1 person found this helpful
We very much have our FMR Editor intact in CP5....
Follow these steps:
1. Select the slide which has FMR.
2. Observe the Properties Inspector.
3. You can find FMR Editor options in the 'FMR EDIT OPTIONS'
Hope this helps....
1 person found this helpful
FMR editor is very much available and now its within Captivate.
- Just select the FMR slide which you need to edit. You can click on the correct FMR slide in filmstrip.
- FMR slide gets focus and panel to right "Properties" must show you details of the same slide
- Look at the bottom of the "Properties" panel and you should see an accordian "FMR Edit"
- Use these options to edit your FMR swf.
Hope this is useful
Thanks for the reply but I am still not able to find the FMR editor.
I cannot click the edit button. I select the full motion file and in its property, the edit button is locked.
Check the screenshot:
Message was edited by: tripranav
After you are done with recording in FMR mode,
- select the slide(in the filmstrip) which has the FMR file
- goto the properties inspector, you should be seeing something like this:(note: here i have docked my properties inspector window to bring it beside my filmstrip )
Thanks a lot I found it.
But one more question I had in mind:
Let`s say I completed my fmr recording, and then that fmr creates a new slide in captivate and so when I click the slide and in its properties I can see fmr edit options.
Now lets say I did a recording and did`nt want to edit that fmr, so I delete the slide without editing anything, the slide gets deleted but the fmr is still in the library. And now after some time if I want to re use that fmr and also want to edit that, I create a blank slide and drag that fmr from the library to that slide and now when I try to edit that fmr I am not able to do that. Am I missing something?
Because this same thing I used to do in captivate 4, in that I just right clicked the fmr in the library and select edit with fmr editor.
Any help in this?
you can follow these steps:
1. Insert a blank slide.
2. Select this slide, go to its properties inspector(PI).
3. Under the 'GENERAL' tab, there a background field.
4. Use the browse button to select the FMR swf ( in library).
5. Now you can do all FMR edit actions on this slide.
Hope this helps you...
Hey, thanks a lot for the help.
I have followed the steps posted here but still cannot find the FMR editor in Captivate 5.
As you can see, the FMRE option does not appear in any of these images:
Will appreciate forum feedback. Thanks.
I guess I can't delete a posting.. :-(
I can't seem to delete the last 50 seconds of my FMR demo recording. I've tried trimming the slide and splitting. Nothing is working. Please help!
It's hard to tell w/o seeing it.
Can you send me the file?
Make it small enough to attach to an email.
Delete the earlier slides and send me about the last 2 minutes.
Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't disturb the last 1:50 or so of the file. See if you can start at about 1:50 from the end and work your way backwards toward Slide 1, deleting as you go. See if that works.
Its really hard to reproduce your issue without more information.
Can you share your project or only slides where you are facing your issue for investigation.
Meanwhile try deleteing fmr slide in small amounts say 5 sec or 10 sec. Check whether you can delete in small amounts.