3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2010 7:06 AM by Steve Grisetti

Export for web - H.264

Iva Im

Hi,

I've got the trial version of Premiere Elements 8. I need to export  videos withH.264 for a website. In the trial version, there's only possible to export video for youtube. The way to export the video via adobe ftp isn't suitable for me because there's no H.264 compression. I'd like to buy Adobe Premiere Elements but I would like to know, how it's with H.264.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Iva

• 1. Re: Export for web - H.264
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are two ways.

You can go to Share/Personal Computer/MOV and use the H.264 compression.

Or, better for Web, you can go to Share/Personal Computer/Phones and Portable Devices and choose the iPhone setting.

One word of warning though: The trial version of the program puts a watermark on anything you output -- so you probably won't be able to use the mp4 you export.

• 2. Re: Export for web - H.264
            Iva Im Level 1

Thank you.

Sorry, I 've forgotten to say that I would like to make a HD video for web, use the H.264 compression..

You recommended me to go to Share/Personal Computer/Phones and Portable Devices and choose the iPhone setting, but there's a frame size 640x480.

Second way - go to Share/Personal Computer/MOV and use the H.264 compression - there's a problem that the trial version didn't have that choice of MOV,  you can choose for example H 264  1920x1080i 25 but the size of exported video reaches 150 MB.

I would like to make HD video for web with H.264 compression which can be viewed in Flow Player.

Thank you very much and sorry for not fullz specified questions.

Iva

• 3. Re: Export for web - H.264
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I know nothing about Flow Player. But the FAQS to the right of this forum offer instructions for making hi-def video for YouTube which may help.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

Note that:

1) You can't upload a full quality 1920x1080 video to the web and expect it to stream properly. You will need to make some compromises in quality or frame size or it just won't work.

2) Most video sites (particularly YouTube) re-encode your video after you post it. So, no matter how high the quality of the video you post, they'll likely greatly reduce the quality in order to optimize their data streams.