4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 10:52 AM by Jon Macdee

PE 8  always shutting down

Jon Macdee

My set up Pentium4 3.06Ghz /2 G/byte ram/Nvideo Gforce 6200/windows XP sp3  2 hard drives with ample space

I am using the trial for PE8 and it  fails every time  with the mesage had to close send a report .At first I had only one gig of RAm  thought that might be it but having just increased to 2 gig and the same  thing happens .Now it is not even at tthe editing stage .as soon as that page opens it just shuts down after a few seconds before I can even put anything in the timeline .Help Please

• 1. Re: PE 8  always shutting down
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is aimed at Premiere Pro, but may help

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link

Also... I'm not sure that PreEl-8 is even going to run on a Pentium 4 - you did check the system requirements before downloading?

• 2. Re: PE 8  always shutting down
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, version 8 of Premiere Elements is a bit of a resource hog and will barely run on a Pentium 4 -- and that's with 4 gigs of RAM.

You don't say what video format you're trying to edit but, on your system, you may at best be able to edit video from a miniDV camcorder. Other formats -- particularly hi-def formats and ESPECIALLY AVCHD -- probably won't go at all on your system.

Sorry.

• 3. Re: PE 8  always shutting down
              Jon Macdee Level 1

Not getting achance to try anything .I open

Pe8 choose new project  dont even get a chance to   import any

file before it closes. I could accept it might struggle with avchd      but  not just opening thepage regardless of  whatever format I  put in the settings . Other editors have no prob with avchd  its a great pity to have to change horses so to speak.  .I'll have a trawl through the help files  I may be doing something wrong

• 4. Re: PE 8  always shutting down
                Jon Macdee Level 1

OK think I'm sorted  for this  problem found pe8 update installed t

hat   .On first run got warning about Nvideo card  and someth

ing about gpu shut off I got the latest drives for  nvideo and

PE* now running