2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 5:26 PM by sthompson022

Problem exporting to mpeg-2 DVD format from Premiere Pro CSF

sthompson022

I just purchased Premiere Pro CS5 and have been going through the video tutorials on Lynda.com.  I have created a short video sequence and am trying to export it to mpeg-2 DVD format using the default "MainConcept MPEG Video" codec.  After the video is exported to my hard drive and imported into Encore, I see all of these green lines and green shading in the video I just created in Premiere that wasn't there when I rendered my sequence in Premiere prior to export.  Does anyone know why these green lines and shading are added to the video?  I figure I must be using the wrong export settings in Premiere Pro. 

I've also tried to export this video segment to Quicktime .mov format using the default DV25 NTSC codec, but when I do this the final exported video has audio only and the video is black (I made sure there was a check in the Export Video check box). 

I have a Macbook with 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and Max OS X version 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) with all appropriate updates.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to address this issue or where I can read up on appropriate combinations of video formats and codecs?

• 1. Re: Problem exporting to mpeg-2 DVD format from Premiere Pro CSF
          thenoisystuff Level 1

What happens if you import the file direct (without making an mpeg export)?  Can you still see problems in your preview monitor?  If you transcode using Encore's default settings what happens then? 

Try burning a DVD before you give up. Sometimes, in Encore CS4, I would experience green flashing in Preview as you seem to be experiencing but the software would produce a perfectly acceptable DVD.  A re-boot often solved the issue. Just a thought!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem exporting to mpeg-2 DVD format from Premiere Pro CSF
            sthompson022 Level 1

Hi, thanks for the answer.  Yes, I just tried importing the Premiere project directly into Encore using the dynamic link function and it worked just fine.  Once I made some changes to the to the Premiere project; however, the green lines appeared when i would preview the project in Encore.  Based on your feedback, I won't worry about the extra green lines though and will attempt to build another DVD.  Like you said, I think the key is to import the Premiere project into Encore using the dynamic linking.