1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2010 5:10 AM by Jetblue5

Licensing error 147:21

Weaver25

Hi, I've been using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 for a few days, and all of a sudden I get this error message when trying to open it.

This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be relaunched.

If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe Technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error:147:21

I followed the "Licensing for this product has stopped working" troubleshooting guide (even though it applies to CS3 applications) and none of it worked for me. I did everything with NetFlex, like change the folder name, the permissions on the folder, and the Licensing Service to manual and starting it.

No matter how many times I open it or even restart my computer I run into this problem.

What is their left to do?

• 1. Re: Licensing error 147:21
          Jetblue5

Ok well the same thing started happening to my illustrator cs5, but I reinstalled it and I guess it overwrote the licensing errors the second time around, because it works fine now.

Will try the same for Dreamweaver.

Also, did everything in the troubleshooting guide on this site for licensing that stops and it did nothing. Even defragmented, cleaned up disk space, scanned with my anti-virus, and used registry cleaner software. All it did was get rid of some probably non-lethal registry bugs--albeit a lot of them--but even after all of this DW gave me the same error message.

I'm assuming this happened because I had Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop open simultaneously, causing a licence issue (based on what this site says about the possible causes).

Anyway, any kind of input would great, Adobe. Thanks.