3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2010 11:15 AM by Druidic09 RSS

Acrobat 8 Professional and Windows 7

twhamm

I've been reading allot of conflicting reports on whether Acrobat 8 works with Windows 7.  Does anyone have the answer to this?

• 1. Re: Acrobat 8 Professional and Windows 7
          ~graffiti CommunityMVP

The confilcting reports may be because it works for SOME people and not for others. The bottom line is that it isn't a supported configuration.

• 2. Re: Acrobat 8 Professional and Windows 7
            Jeffrey287

Go online and update your Acrobat Professional.  The version number will become 8.13 or something.  Everything runs well after that.

Give it a try.

Oldman

• 3. Re: Acrobat 8 Professional and Windows 7
              Druidic09

Hi Twh,

Both answers provided are correct.

1. Adobe doesn't officially support Acrobat 8 Std/Pro on Windows 7. This may change depending on Adobe.

2. After installing Acrobat 8 Std or Pro you will want to update it. Bringing it to the latest update/release corrects most reported issues with running Acrobat 8 on Windows 7. If you do not upgrade/patch after installing, a number of issues will be present, one being that you can't load Acrobat or it crashing shortly after opening it.

I myself have tested it on Windows 7 Professional (x86), Enterprise (x86), and Ultimate (x64) it is running fine.

Regards. D.