2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 1:57 PM by the_wine_snob

I am having a great deal of problem with using the "narration" function on Elements 8.

ksb700

When I try to put narration on an edited video, the levels don't respond at all

or sometimes I get a totally distorted signal.  I can run the sound and microphone on other Windows XP apps OK.

I can add narration on another video editor I have, so am confused.

Keith B

• 1. Re: I am having a great deal of problem with using the "narration" function on Elements 8.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is your microphone connected via an audio jack or USB?

Premiere Elements may not be able to work with USB microphones.

In my books, I describe troubleshooting techniques and workarounds for these issues. If you are connected through an audio jack and you have the latest audio and RealTek drivers for your audio card, it could be that you aren't configured properly.

If you click on the little microphone icon in the upper right corner of the Narration panel, does it show the jack where you have your microphone connected?

If you go to Premiere Elements Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware and check the ASIO Settings, do they match your hardware and microphone set-up?

• 2. Re: I am having a great deal of problem with using the "narration" function on Elements 8.
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As Steve mentions, USB mics do not do well with most Adobe programs.

If you are having an issue with the Narration Audio Track, try doing the recording onto another Audio Track, instead of the Narration Track. If you still have an issue, try with a mic that is connected via an 1/8" plug to the audio card (ideally), or to the computer's mic input.

Good luck,

Hunt