1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 10:25 AM by Steve Grisetti

It finally STOPPED CRASHING!

raw foods

I've had nothing but problems upgrading to Elements 8 from 4.  I uninstalled the old program and installed the new one and it just crashed and crashed and crashed.  I got tired of filling out the crash report saying what I'd been doing right before the crash, as there are only so many hours in a day.  I literally couldn't do anything, the first thing I tried to do -- it would crash.

I looked into the full Premiere program to see what requirements are needed and thought I'd download a trial of it to see if I could finish my project that way when I noticed it said it needed 64 bit OS.  My computer's OS was 32.  So since I had been thinking of upgrading the OS anyway, I did and installed the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit version.  It crashed less that week and then finally it started to crash once and then fixed itself and it hasn't crashed since. (I hope I didn't jinx myself there....)  It's been 2 weeks now and for a full week now -- NO CRASHES!

It doesn't say on the box that it needs a 64 bit OS, but I think that's what did it.

Patricia