2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 12:07 PM by rjmetsch

CS5 and Camera Raw Question

rjmetsch

I have installed CS5 extended on a MAC and can't seem to find Camera Raw. It shows up in "about" and has the option of Camera Raw preferences but there seems to be no way to open a photo file in Camera Raw. What am I missing? do i need to download plug in? Thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: CS5 and Camera Raw Question
          Noel Carboni Level 7

Just simply opening a suitable raw file doesn't start the ACR plug-in automatically?

Does choosing Open As... from the menu not give you a Camera Raw choice?

Reading between the lines, are you trying to open other already developed file types (e.g., TIFF, JPEG, etc.) through Camera Raw?  There is a configuration item that will set it to do so (or not) by default.   In your Preferences - Camera Raw dialog look for JPEG and TIFF handling.

-Noel

• 2. Re: CS5 and Camera Raw Question
            rjmetsch Level 1

Thanks Noel, I found some of it's functions. And when I download a raw file

from my camera into Bridge it does open automatically in Camera Raw. I'm a

new user to Photoshop so it's a learning issue. Thank you for taking the

time to respond.

Rick