• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Flash Builder on a network home drive

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install in our corporate environment we have network home drives and the Flash Builder installer for some reason tries to create a directory here:

\\escfil02\homedir\deancj\..\Adobe Flash Builder 4

We noone here has permission to create a directory outside our home directory since it is using the .. directory.  Perhaps that works fine when your home directory is local on your C: drive but it doesn't work here and I cannot really change my %HOMESHARE% environment variable (or can I?)  Then I get 25 other errors but they may all be related to this first one I don't know.  They are all ERROR 15078 errors

How can I get past this?

Here is the full list of errors:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 25 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: 15080 Unable to create directory "\\escfil02\homedir\deancj\..\Adobe Flash Builder 4

ERROR: 15080 Command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand failed.

ERROR: 15080 Unable to delete directory "\\escfil02\homedir\deancj\..\Adobe Flash Builder 4". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 15080 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: 15078 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\configuration\config.ini" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 15078 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 15077 Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\configuration". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 15077 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: 15015 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\AMT\application.xml" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 15015 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 15014 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\AMT\application.sif" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 15014 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 15013 Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\AMT". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 15013 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: 23 Deleting Registry Key - failure. Error 5

ERROR: 4 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\FlashBuilder.exe" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 4 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 3 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\artifacts.xml" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 3 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 2 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\.eclipseproduct" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 2 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 1 Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 1 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Builder: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're right that we're trying to create your default workspace in the folder one level up from your roaming documents folder, and that's what's causing the conflict between our installer and your roaming profile.

This is on our radar to fix for the next release, but here's a workaround you could try in the meantime. From what we've seen with roaming network profiles, our installers will have trouble mainly if your roaming documents folder has been flattened (redirected) to the root of your profile tree. If you can have your network profile reconfigured with the more conventional home folder at the top level, and the documents folder underneath it, then the relative path will be able to resolve correctly in your network tree.

There's more info here, about how to configure your roaming profile on the server to follow the conventional tree structure:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspx

Depending on who administers your network profiles, you might need someone in IT/IS to help with this.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

If changing the way the profiles are setup is not an option, are there any other work-arounds for this issue?  My company is not going to change 15,000 roaming profiles so 8 people can install one application.  I would very much like to use the licenses that we purchased, but at this point it looks like we should ask for our money back and use Flex3.

-Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option would be to use FB4 Plug-in instead of vanilla FB4 "standalone". FB4 Plug-in already comes bundled with a compatible copy of Eclipse (3.4.2 Java Package), but you can plug it into Galileo or Helios too if you'd prefer. The Plug-in version has full feature-parity with the Standalone version.

The Plug-in installer isn't subject to the same bug about the roaming profile folder, so it should work with your existing network configuration.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have experienced this issue and would be interested in trying a pre-release build of Flash Builder Burrito that has this issue fixed, please email me at cagruss at adobe dot com, and also copy our Product Manager Andrew Shorten (shorten at adobe.com).

Many thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

I also have the same error, your "typical" my documents setup that your installer thinks is there isn't that typical in my experience.

Can you confirm that indeed there is no work around for the bug except waiting for the next version of Adobe Flash Builder (Like the previous poster there is no way to change the company policy for my documents in my case)?

I don't have a license for this, I was going to to trial it but looks like I'll have to look at other alternatives in the mean while. Is there a time from for the next version?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't have control over the location of the network Documents folder, the best workaround is to install FB4 Plug-in instead of vanilla FB4. FB4 Plug-in comes bundled with its own copy of Eclipse, so is reasonably complete on its own.

FB4 Plug-in doesn't have the problem with roaming profiles and redirected user data.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines