5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 1:34 PM by the_wine_snob

Help needed urgently please!!!!!!

marco0194

hi

there i am running windows xp pro 64 bit . Using Premiere Elements7. when i connect with firewire to load video from camera it all looks impeccable on screen as it loads. Once i stop loading and Premiere renders it (i guess) all of a sudden the video looks granny and pixalated and stays that way even after i export it on dvd.Hope spme one can help me please.Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Help needed urgently please!!!!!!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of camcorder are you connecting to? MiniDV? HDV?

And have you ensured that your project's settings match your camcorder?

MiniDV and HDV footage that's captured over FireWire does not render when captured by Premiere Elements. In fact, except for being encapsulated as short AVIs or MPEGs, the video data remains exactly the same. Capturing (which is actually just streaming the data) doesn't change anything.

In other words, using the proper settings and a FireWire connection, you will not see a reduction in quality whatsoever from a miniDV or HDV video.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help needed urgently please!!!!!!
            marco0194 Level 1

i have a Sony hvr-hd 100u i shot the video in dv mode i dont understand why

it gets granny after i load it onto PE7 i hope u can help me figure this out lol

thanks again

• 3. Re: Help needed urgently please!!!!!!
              marco0194 Level 1

hi there i have a sony hvr-hd1000u camera. video was shot in dv mode . hope

u can help me

thank u in advance

• 4. Re: Help needed urgently please!!!!!!
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That's a $2000 camcorder you're editing on a $90 piece of software, Marco.

Even still there is no reason I know of you're seeing pixelation. As I said, the video data does not change during capture.

You're not looking at it full-screen on your computer, are you? As I say in my books, your computer monitor has many times the resolution of video.

You also don't say what program you're using to look at the video.

But, as I said, regardless of what you're seeing or how you're seeing it, the video on your computer is identical to the video on your camcorder's tape. Trust me on this.

Use it in a project set up for DV and you'll get excellent results.

• 5. Re: Help needed urgently please!!!!!!
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Though it might have nothing to do with your issue, remember that XP-64 was never certified for any Adobe program. It was a beta-only OS, and basically an evolutionary dead-end, though some of its code is probably in Vista-64 and Win7-64. Still, it has been known to cause many major issues with Adobe programs.

Good luck,

Hunt