11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 9:34 AM by the_wine_snob

Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?

talley2010

I downloaded this today & everytime I try to start a new project the program automatically shuts itself down.  What is going on?  Can anyone tell me what the problem is or should I just uninstall it?

• 1. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
          nealeh Level 5

We need to know a lot more about your system and video clips. See here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

But to get you started:

1. Go to Windows update and install all available updates.
          2. Download and install the most recent version of QuickTime (v7.6.6 at time of writing).
          3. Go to your graphics card manufacturers web site and download/install most recent drivers.
          4. Go to your sound card manufacturers web site and download/install  most recent drivers.
          5. Use Disk Cleanup to clear out old temporary files
          6. Examine programs loading at startup and exit/disable those you don't use.
          7. Use Disk Defragmenter to defragment your hard disk.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
            Bacred89

I have forsaken Premier 8 for some time and cant beleive when i return to this forum that people are still having the same problems.Before youm start following any of these fixes  take a deep breath and get plenty of tablets.Most of these solutions come from computer wizards.All i wanted was a programme which did as advertised/shown in tutorials.The fault is Adobe.I have uninstalled premier a long time ago and it wont be installed again.

Sorry

• 3. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Most of the issues come from system issues, but with no info, there is nothing that anyone can do to help troubleshoot.

Then next most common issues come with Assets, that are not meant to be edited. Again, no knowing, is a handicap.

Then, a mis-match between the source footage and the Project Preset will cause all sorts of issues.

Sorry that we are not able to help, but good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                Bacred89 Level 1

Thanks for your reply Bill.before purchasing Premier i thought 1.A big name for software 2.Check spec. of software.3 Have computer built

with over capacity to suit software.The videos i was producing were very simple.For that not to work and then go on forum to see 100s of

other faults/problems all different ,i found unbelievable.Please don't tell me that Adobe simply send out a software package partially

working and depend on purchasers to tell them about the problems it is creating.Not a very good way to do business,but if people buy in

to it and get some joy out of fixing,tweaking rather the software   doing the job its supposed to , fine.Sorry i will just get my video

and copy it straight to dvd player.This saves a lot of hassle.

Thanks again

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:33:19 -0600

To: kenstorey89@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?

Most of the issues come from system issues, but with no info, there is nothing that anyone can do to help troubleshoot.

Then next most common issues come with Assets, that are not meant to be edited. Again, no knowing, is a handicap.

Then, a mis-match between the source footage and the Project Preset will cause all sorts of issues.

Sorry that we are not able to help, but good luck,

Hunt

>

• 5. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, even a computer that is powerful on paper, can come up very short in the video editing end of things. Most have a lot of unnecessary programs, that sap resources, and some just get in the way, by doing things, such as locking the Adobe programs out of the DVD burner. Even a video editing workstation can benefit from tuneups and tweaking for maximum capabilities. That is why we have ARTICLES like the "Clean, Lean, Mean Editing Machine," and a ton of FAQ's on tuning up a system for editing. Video editing will stress a computer more than about any other type of program. A machine that works great for surfing the Web, checking e-mails, doing some accounting and word processing, will be brought to its knees with simple video editing. That is why we ask for as much info, as is possible - to help people get ready to edit video.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                    Bacred89 Level 1

thanks Bill.Please point me to a forum with checklist for my computer that i can work through over the next few days to get ready for Premier.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:49:20 -0600

Unfortunately, even a computer that is powerful on paper, can come up very short in the video editing end of things. Most have a lot of unnecessary programs, that sap resources, and some just get in the way, by doing things, such as locking the Adobe programs out of the DVD burner. Even a video editing workstation can benefit from tuneups and tweaking for maximum capabilities. That is why we have http://forums.adobe.com/thread/483270?tstart=0 like the "Clean, Lean, Mean Editing Machine," and a ton of FAQ's on tuning up a system for editing. Video editing will stress a computer more than about any other type of program. A machine that works great for surfing the Web, checking e-mails, doing some accounting and word processing, will be brought to its knees with simple video editing. That is why we ask for as much info, as is possible - to help people get ready to edit video.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 7. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is aimed at Premiere Pro, but may help
                      Many of the ideas at the next link are generic enough they have helped some Non-Premiere users fix problems

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link

Read Harm on drive setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/662972?tstart=0
                      - click the embedded picture in Harm's message to enlarge to reading size
                      - you need AT LEAST 2 drives for video editing, 3 is better
                      - some HD formats work better with (require) RAID

Read Hunt on Partitions http://forums.adobe.com/thread/650708?tstart=0

A link with many ideas about computer setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0

• 8. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

That linked article is a good place to start. If you have Win7, then be sure to look down-thread to Black Viper's Win7 tuneup guide.

The PrE FAQ sub-forum has lots of good tuneup tips for an editing computer.

This ARTICLE links to many tools, that can be very effective for getting the most out of both hardware and software.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                          Bacred89 Level 1

First link empty may be deleted 2nd link error

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:02:22 -0600

That linked article is a good place to start. If you have Win7, then be sure to look down-thread to Black Viper's Win7 tuneup guide.

The http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq has lots of good tuneup tips for an editing computer.

This http://forums.adobe.com/thread/547421?tstart=30 links to many tools, that can be very effective for getting the most out of both hardware and software.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 10. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

So does this mean the original poster posted a question and never checked back for an answer?

Oh well. At least somebody was helped.

• 11. Re: Q.  Why will premier photoshop elements 8 not work?
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is the Clean, Lean, Mean Editing Machine link again.

Hope that it works this time.

Good luck,

Hunt