As if by magic, a few minutes after posting the project saved and my ram freed up. I will be running diagnostics and attaching to the original post.
I can't edit the op, so I will post here.
((Contains DxDiag.txt, ProcessExplorer, and .nfo))
If you need anything else, let me know.
The previous save attempt was following the advice from another poster saying to delete all the preview files and resave your project, which should make the filesize more manageable. After checking, my project file now is 12gb. Tried importing into a new project with no avail thus far (CS5 doesn't respond, I'm currently leaving it like this in hopes it will find a way =P).
Importing selected sequences was still not responding in the morning.
Here is my temporary solution to get into a project that wasn't responding on load (again I am in win7 64 bit):
1) Delete Preview files located inside your project folder (or whichever folder you are saving yoru project in)
2) delete media cache files located: C:\Users\***Your USER NAME***\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files\
((I found I had a ton of media cache files for projects no longer on my machine... which may have something to do with the problem... I don't know))
3) Open Project. The screen froze and I left it on for aproximatly 4 hours so I don't know exactly how long it took to come to the next dialouge.
4) It will propt you regarding the missing preview files. Offline All
5)Sequence>Delete Render Files (seems redundant but for some reason, when I didn't do this, the project was still huge)
6)File>Save a Copy (again, simply saving the project or renaming it didn't work, but a copy did)
Afterward I tested the project file saving it multiple times. The more I saved it the larger it got (but not by gbs only a few kb or at most 2mb). Did not fix my problem with long loading saving or clicking off the program, but I can now work on my project untill the update comes out. I am still interested in any "fix"/workaround for my original problems.
Now that I am watching my machine more closely I have noticed the process pproheadless is taking up around 12gb (and a second instance of it taking around 4gb) of ram when I render out my sequences (3 minutes each h264 for highquality vimeo)