13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 3:27 PM by rshin

LOGGING

cayennecode Level 1

I've set LOGGING and DEBUG to false in the .fla Publish Settings panel.  But I continue to get the following trace output...

LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.addPendingMapAndAttempSend: 1

LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.sendMaps: sent: 88 remaining:0

Using method coverageData

handleConnectionStatus pendingWrites 0

LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.assumeAck

LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.sendMaps: Nothing to send

LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.sendMaps: sent: 89 remaining:0

• 1. Re: LOGGING
          weizhangstrobe Level 2

Just want to confirm with you that your code seems to be compiled with an FLEX SDK instrumented for FlexCov, the code coverage tool. Is it right?

-Wei Zhang

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems

weizhang@adobe.com

• 2. Re: LOGGING
            cayennecode Level 1

I'm compiling from Flash CS5.

I resaved the .fla and it's no longer outputting the trace statements.  strange but true 

• 3. Re: LOGGING
              michael.penwell

I'm having the same issue. I am working in Flash Builder 4 with a project using OSMF 1.0 for Flash player 10.1. I'm also compiling using the 3.5 SKD. Is there a way to disable these trace statement but keep mine? The trouble is that there are so many of these statements that I can't easily locate my trace data.

Thoughts?

Thanks

• 4. Re: LOGGING
                rshin Level 3

One possible way is to implement the logging filter in your app level.   You might want to refer to OSMFPlayer, and OSMFPlayerDebugConsole (Trunk > Apps > Samples > Framework)    It has a debug folder that contains logger related extended class. On DebugConsoler,  you can filter the information among the received log information.

Ryan

• 5. Re: LOGGING
                  michael.penwell Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion Ryan.

It's highly likely I'm just missing something here but where are trace messages like the following coming from? What would I be looking to filter? In my non-OSMF projects I just get my custom trace message but with the latest OSMF swc I'm getting all this additional trace traffic. Can it just be turned off?

LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.initializeACKConnection: ackConnectionName null
                  LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.sendMaps: sent: 1 remaining:0
                  LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.addPendingMapAndAttempSend: 2
                  LocalConnectionCoverageAgent.addPendingMapAndAttempSend: 3

• 6. Re: LOGGING
                    cayennecode Level 1

Why isn't LOG output disabled by default?  That's how it should be.  I've started a new project, and again it's outputting LOG info despite LOGGING & DEBUG being set to false.

• 7. Re: LOGGING
                      weizhangstrobe Level 2

I thought by default, CONFIG::LOGGING is set false. Isn't that the case?

-Wei Zhang

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems, Inc.

weizhang@adobe.com

• 8. Re: LOGGING
                        michael.penwell Level 1

I'm not sure this really has anything to do with Logging but maybe rather trace statements that were left in the OSMF code. I using the OSMF.swc and I have the compiler setting for logging as follows: -define CONFIG::LOGGING false

Even with that, these trace commands are flooding my default Console when debugging in Flash Builder.

I think by default Logging is off (and debug) but even so I'm getting all these trace outputs. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just my setup being messed up?

• 9. Re: LOGGING
                          rshin Level 3

Hi, Michael,

Did you download the OSMF.swc or created on our own?  If the former, can you point out where you got this?

Wanted to see the version of OSMF swc of being loggin enabled when created and posted, possibly with code coverage sdk.

As Wei mentioned, the default should be false on logging option.

Just to follow-up with your questions above, the logging trace you see seems like coming from CodeCoverage sdk trace during netConnetion.

In terms of what to filter is totally up to you.  Filter can be defined by your class. See the read me on OSMFPlayerDebug console for details.

You can turn off by setting debug / logging option to false. (you need to compile though).

Ryan

• 10. Re: LOGGING
                            michael.penwell Level 1

Ryan,

I'm using the compiled swc (OSMF.swc for Flash 10.1) downloaded from http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/osmf/Downloads.

Thanks for looking at this.

• 11. Re: LOGGING
                              cayennecode Level 1

Yes, I think michael is right, perhaps there are exposed trace statements left in the OSMF.swc.  I just downloaded it again today, and regardless of LOGGING & DEBUG constants, the flashlog is flooded with trace output relating to OSMF.

• 12. Re: LOGGING
                                michael.penwell Level 1

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully this will be cleaned up in a future release of the swc.

• 13. Re: LOGGING
                                  rshin Level 3

Hi Michael and Cayennecode,

I see where you guys download the swc from.  The OSMF.swc Flash 10.1 version was posted as a temp since there is no link provided for 10.1 enabled SWC before.  If you guys want to use  logging-off-swc, please use the one under Source Zip, though that would be Flash 10.0 version.

I've added addition note on the page for clarification. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ryan

1 person found this helpful