7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2010 3:38 AM by Anuradha@

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert "Your Text Here" to mx.controls.TextInp

Live today

Hi All,

While i am trying to develop my application I face this error "TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert "Text Here" to mx.controls.TextInput."

Here we will trying to picup a image and text together already set and when picing up that the control not able to find the tet and fonts. So it will not able to load the font and found "Null" over there.

Here is the code..

public function loaddingTextFromLoadded(textString:String, textFormat:TextFormat):ObjectWrapper
                  {

var text:allText = new allText();       
                      text.settingTheText(textString);
                      text.settingTheStyle(textFormat);
                      var obj:ObjectWrapper=objectToContainer(text);

AddAction('text','add',obj);
                      Application.application.inputtexttype = textString;
                      Application.application.onSidedClick();//price
                      return     obj;               
                  }

Now in the above code, " Application.application.dscinput = textString;" line is not executed. When we execute this code then the control wil stop on that line and cannot find the text string and broked out.

"allText" function is written on a action script page. "ObjectWrapper" is an action script page. "objectToContainer" is where the objects are getting into container and got possitioned. "inputtexttype" is a text input on another mxml page.

Please let me know the solutions for this problem that how can I solve this problem. Waiting to get a responce from you.

Thanks

Payel.