Hi All! Hope someone can help.
I need to create a flowable subform that will allow text fields to expand without a scrollbar. I have been researching the forums and have found this thread:
When modifying the template above for practice, The fields expand correctly but when i make one from scratch it doesnt work at all!
Here are the steps I have followed in creating a expandable text field from scratch:
1. Open Adobe Lifecycle Designer and open a plain blank form
2. Take a "text field" from the object library and place it on the form
3. I noticed there is already a blue border (subform) for this document by default for the new form so I changed the content from "position" to "flowed", flow direction from "top to bottom" and checked "allow page breaks". Also changed the layout for y: autofit
4. I then right clicked on the text fields orange border and clicked "wrap in subform". I changed the content from "position" to "flowed", flow direction from "top to bottom" and checked "allow page breaks". Also changed the layout for y: autofit
5. Finally for the text field itself I made sure that "allow multiple linkes" and "allow page breaks within content" was checked. Also changed the layout for y: expand to fit
I still cant get it work am I missing something? Ive been twirking around with this for hours and this forum wont let me upload my example. Any help would be great!
You need to save the form as dynamic pdf form i.e xdp and on exit of the text field only text field will be expanded.
But make sure the main form should be flowed and page breaks should be allowed.Textfield should have the allow multiple lines option ,allow page breaks,and auto expand height(Y axis) should be checked.