Thanks for the tip, Loic.
You are welcome.
I guess this is the kind of knowledge one may be happy to find after hours of kicking his head onto the walls (So did I) :-D
I found the same thing, through a different route: when I first programmatically added bookmarks to my documents, I found Adobe suddenly displayed squares around some of the titles. Turned out to be the XML markers.
It's bothersome, but they can easily be removed. It makes stuff much harder the other way around,: store text positions into variables, add an XML tag. Then you have to manually update text positions before adding more XML to text inside of, or after, the text you just referred to.
Thx for the info.
and do not try to delete a single tag marker (\uFEFF) via script ... indesign will simply crash.
i know it does'nt make sense, but just for the record.
If you faced it, it means you tried to, so others may try too.
Finally your input may help, thx a lot :-)