Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS design mode not visible - flash builder 4 version 4.0.1

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried googling for this and end up with a lot of hints and help about  flex builder 3, but cant find anything relevant to flash builder 4

I did find one post on this forum in which the questioner himself replied to himself, but that got me nowehere

I am a newbie to flex and I am using Flash builder 4.0.1 standalone. When I read about using CSS in design mode, getting to that mode seems very evident in Flex Builder 3.

However I cant find a way to get to CSS design mode in flash builder 4. If I drag and drop a halo button into the design view, I would like to edit its appearance in css design mode (which looks great in flex builder 3 and shows the various states of the button etc.). However in Flash Builder 4, I get the default view on the right hand side for setting some of the styles, which doesnt seem as comprehensive as the design mode in Flex Builder , in that it doesnt show me the various states of the button etc.

Is there any way to get to CSS design mode?

Thanks In Advance

sumu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sumukalshan,

There is only one way to edit CSS in design mode in Flash Builder. You have to create Flex 3 project, with Flex 4 projects the design mode doesn't work.

Check out this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/678472

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks..I found that out the hard way. However for anyone googling about this

the flex style explorer is the tool should have been inside flash builder, but is not.

It will help you visually style components and then copy the CSS selector into your program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep it's can be a fine solution, but can't be used to skinning components from flash assets, which was a very good feature in the CSS design mode, and this is my problem now. I wasted a day to find out why my spark components doesn't work properly with my css file. It simply doesn't support the Embed(source="myFlash.swf", symbol="mySkinAsset") syntax in css, or I don't know. I would like to load skins runtime, I have a good solution, but it not workable with spark components. If you know a working way to loading spark skins runtime, please share with me, it could be a big help, otherwise I will use mx components.

Cheers!

Tamas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines