6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2010 10:48 AM by Jon Macdee

No audio on playback

Jon Macdee

I've just unistalled the trial

version of PE8 which was working ok .H

ave now installed the Purchased  version and have no audio on playback.Tried various clips but no  luck

• 1. Re: No audio on playback
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Jon,

Can you elaborate on the "various Clips?"

My first guess would be that a setting in your new installation is not correct. This ARTICLE will give you some places to check out. Be sure to look in several areas of Edit>Preferences, such as Audio and Audio Hardware. Look at the ASIO settings very carefully, as many of the choices look alike, but are not.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: No audio on playback
            Jon Macdee Level 1

Hi various clips as in ones I'd already worked on in the trial version and a couple of wmv ones I will check out what your aricle sas but really cannot see why  it would be ok in the trial and not in this  install . I have adobe audition and PE"  and never had this problem either . Thanks for your reply wil come back with  any result

• 3. Re: No audio on playback
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              but really cannot see why  it would be ok in the trial and not in this  install .

Just pure speculation on my part, but I'd suspect that perhaps a setting has been changed as the default for an installation, or perhaps you made a change in the trial, that was not done in the full-paid version.

It could also be something as simple as an OS update, or hot-fix, killing your audio driver. Because PrE (and PrPro) interface much more intensely with this (and the video driver too), than most other programs, an obsolete audio driver can shut down Audio in PrE, and can even keep it from loading. The cure is to go to the Realtek, or other, Web site, and download/install the very latest version of the driver. Could well be that your audio driver was good, when you had the trial, and then an OS update/hot-fix killed it, about the time that you did the current install. Update that and test, along with checking out the settings in the article - lot of places to look.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: No audio on playback
                Jon Macdee Level 1

Hi thanks for your input   but for some reason when I oped up again later last night  the sound was back ok,with no settings being altered . Even more annoying now is after using the trial and  being able to work with my avchd-lite files with no problem I now finf they wont play properly  blockin and freezing Aaaargh!  I am using the same settings (mainly default ) as with the trialOnly change I have allocated  everyhing to a seperate drive as scratch disc

• 5. Re: No audio on playback
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

What are the full specs. of your computer, including the CPU and especially the full details of your I/O sub-system, i.e. your HDD's, their size, speed, free space, controller type and how you have them allocated? Do you have any of your HDD's partitioned?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: No audio on playback
                    Jon Macdee Level 1

Hi    cpu Pentium4 /3 G/hz/ RAM 2 Gig /Nvideo 6200  Main drive 500G/bte  partioned as follows C drive 75G/byte 30G free

Gdrive395G/byte  150g free

==================

Seperate drives       internal  D  drive 111G/byte 70G free alocated as scratch disc

External F drive 298G/byte  150G free

No nothing about speed or controllers. I am aware    the P4 is way too  underpowered for avchd   well in adobe it is Magix has no problem with it

. My annoyance is that I  tried  it out for a week with  no problems other than th initial  having to update and  also update the   graphics  drivers.  of course the trial is not bloated with  3 G/bytes of templates etc. Though  as I said earlier the sound is back

Thanks

John

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:53:30 -0600

To: jon_mcdougall@hotmail.com

Subject: No audio on playback

What are the full specs. of your computer, including the CPU and especially the full details of your I/O sub-system, i.e. your HDD's, their size, speed, free space, controller type and how you have them allocated? Do you have any of your HDD's partitioned?

Good luck,

Hunt

>