4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2007 1:46 PM by BerubeS

Imports problems

H_oo_T
      Hello
      i want to use the package flash and the class HTMLControl, i have written this code:

<mx:Script>
      <![CDATA[
      import flash.*;
      ]]>
      </mx:Script>

and i got the following error: Error 1172 " Definition flash could not be found", and HTMLControl is not available...

i don't see what i forgot to do, is there a special properties to set in the tag <mx:Application ... > ?

Bests regards
      Nicolas

• 1. Re: Imports problems
          I believe that the HTMLControl is in the "flash.html" package... try this:

import flash.html.*;
          • 2. Re: Imports problems
            bolaughlin Level 1
            Import a package that contains classes, such as
            import flash.html.*

and you should get it.
            • 3. Re: Imports problems
              H_oo_T Level 1
              ok but the problem is that when i import a flash package the following list is only available: debbugger, errors, events, external, filters, geom, media, net, printing, profiler, sample, system, text, ui, utils, xml.
              But there are no filesystem, html, net, etc ...

Is my flash package is no up to date ?

Nicolas
              • 4. Re: Imports problems
                BerubeS
                Does the flex 3 HTMLControl work without AIR? We are using an iframe hack for flex 2 right now to do URL integration with non-flex based applications. The problem with this (is a big one) is that it requires wmode=opaque for non-ie browsers which screen readers then are incompatible with.

I am really hoping flex 3 offers HTMLControl so we can load remote complex html pages using the standard flash player.

Any ideas?