Here is my PC information:

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel Quad Core Q6600 @2.40 Ghz

4.0 GB of Ram

My Camera information:

Kodak Playsport HD

Records videos in HD 720P @ 60 FPS

Saves movies in .MOV format, 1280 x 720 resolution, and H.264 codec

Now I am playing around with the settings but when I edit movies in Premiere Elements and then save it I always lose a lot of quality. I'm not really interested in sharing the videos on the web, I'm just looking for the best possible quality (as close to how it looks in its original form) for viewing on my home computer. Can anybody help me out with decent export settings that will give me the best overall quality?

• 1. Re: Getting the best possible output video quality in Premiere 8.0
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Which Project Preset have you chosen, at New Project?

You will want to match your source footage with that Preset.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Getting the best possible output video quality in Premiere 8.0
            DragonfireXV Level 1

Hello Bill and thank you for your respone, I appreciate it. I've managed to get the overall quality of the movie a lot better with using different presets at new project. I am now using the preset NTSC-HDV-HDV720p 30 and that seems to be working a lot better. I also save the final movies as a Quicktime file, with a Local Area Network (LAN) and then I go to advanced and bring up the quality to 100, change it to 1280x720, bring the frame rate up to 60, and set the bitrate at 8000.

I am now having a different problem however. It seems that when I add a music to the background the song messes up frequently. What I mean is that when I'm watching the movie I created the video will be playing normally and then at random times the song will skip or get choppy. Then on top of that, with certain transitions between scenes the transition won't even work, it will just freeze for a bit and then skip to the next scene (On a side note, I leave the "Field Type" as "Progressive" and the "Aspect" as "Square Pixels [1.0] simply because I'm not sure what those are for).

I just uploaded this practice video to youtube, if you want to check it out it's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVorCPASaGM

Keep in mind I just threw together a couple random pictures and clips just to practice haha. You will be able to notice that the song and video get slightly choppy for some reason.

Thanks in advance!

• 3. Re: Getting the best possible output video quality in Premiere 8.0
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Does the video on your timeline have a red line over it? That's an indication that you need to render your timeline.

Press Enter. The red line will turn green when it has been rendered and your video will play much more smoothly.

• 4. Re: Getting the best possible output video quality in Premiere 8.0
                DragonfireXV Level 1

Hey Steve, I have rendered the video and the music still skips for some reason, as you can tell by the youtube video I posted before. The strange thing is that I made a similiar video using the software the came with my camera (Arcsoft Media Impression) and the song played perfectly in the background, but obviously as Premiere Elements has more editing options I'd prefer to use that. Any idea what can be causing the song and video to occasionally lag and skip? My computer seems pretty decent, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle this program. Could it possible be the settings I'm using when exporting the video?

• 5. Re: Getting the best possible output video quality in Premiere 8.0
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, Dragonfly, but I'm not seeing any skipping at all on your YouTube video! In fact, the quality looks excellent.

Is it possible your computer needs optimized? Have you run Spybot S&D on it to remove spyware that may be choking it?

Even if your computer is brand new, it likely needs updating (go to Windows Update and look for even the non-critical updates) and cleaning. Here's the maintenance regimen I use -- and it's kept my computer running like new for over 5 years!

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=30

• 6. Re: Getting the best possible output video quality in Premiere 8.0
                    nealeh Level 5

I agree with Steve - that's a pretty decent clip with no sound skipping.  I think the problem must be the PC at your end. As Steve suggests, take a look at what's running on your PC at startup and check for viruses and spyware (I use Microsoft Security Essentials and SUPERAntiSpyware). Also check your Internet connection speed (where I am download speeds are around 900Kbs - so I often pause YouTube stuff until it finishes downloading).

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 7. Re: Getting the best possible output video quality in Premiere 8.0
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I also had no issues, once the piece downloaded. It paused twice, when I first started, as the player caught up with the download, but once downloaded, played smoothly with no pauses, or skipping. Remember, I am also doing this over a Wireless G connection (DSL main connection) to my laptop, so it's not the ultimate connect speed.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - looks like a fun vacation.