5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2007 2:56 PM by Newsgroup_User

Resizing / relocating the properties bar

NeilCauldwell
      The properties bar seems to get in the way all the time, and I'd rather it was aligned or joined with the other left and right vertically aligned panels. Is it possible to put the properties panel inline with the other panels?

Any help is much appreciated!
        • 1. Re: Resizing / relocating the properties bar
          Level 7
          Neil,

You have several options. If you have multiple monitors you can drag the
          Properties window to another monitor. You can minimize the Panel at any
          time by clicking the down arrow on the upper left hand side of the
          Panel. You can also hit the tab key anytime to hide all the panels.

alex

NeilCauldwell wrote:
          > The properties bar seems to get in the way all the time, and I'd rather it was
          > aligned or joined with the other left and right vertically aligned panels. Is
          > it possible to put the properties panel inline with the other panels?
          >
          > Any help is much appreciated!
          >
          • 2. Re: Resizing / relocating the properties bar
            Level 7
            And one of my favourites before I had the luxury of twin monitors....

Just hit the F4 key all the panels vanish and hit it again to bring'em back.

Peter
            |
            | You have several options. If you have multiple monitors you can drag the
            | Properties window to another monitor. You can minimize the Panel at any
            | time by clicking the down arrow on the upper left hand side of the
            | Panel. You can also hit the tab key anytime to hide all the panels.
            |
            | alex
            |
            | NeilCauldwell wrote:
            | > The properties bar seems to get in the way all the time, and I'd rather
            it was
            | > aligned or joined with the other left and right vertically aligned
            panels. Is
            | > it possible to put the properties panel inline with the other panels?
            | >
            | > Any help is much appreciated!
            | >

• 3. Re: Resizing / relocating the properties bar
              NeilCauldwell Level 1
              Thanks guys.

So just to confirm - there's no way of changing the orientation of the properties bar, and maybe making it fit in line with the panel that are already layed out on the left and right hand side of the screen? Although I'm on a 1920x1200 screen, I still find that the properties bar just get's in the way a little - I'd rather it was locked in with the other panels.
              • 4. Re: Resizing / relocating the properties bar
                Level 7
                As Alex pointed out, if you have two monitors you can drag the PI over onto
                the second monitor.

I have a screen size of 1600x1200 I am quite happy with everything on that
                screen. As far as I know there aren't any other choices.

Peter
                |
                | So just to confirm - there's no way of changing the orientation of the
                | properties bar, and maybe making it fit in line with the panel that are
                already
                | layed out on the left and right hand side of the screen? Although I'm on a
                | 1920x1200 screen, I still find that the properties bar just get's in the
                way a
                | little - I'd rather it was locked in with the other panels.
                |

• 5. Re: Resizing / relocating the properties bar
                  Level 7
                  Neil,

That is correct, the Properties panel cannot be made to go vertical.

alex

NeilCauldwell wrote:
                  > Thanks guys.
                  >
                  > So just to confirm - there's no way of changing the orientation of the
                  > properties bar, and maybe making it fit in line with the panel that are already
                  > layed out on the left and right hand side of the screen? Although I'm on a
                  > 1920x1200 screen, I still find that the properties bar just get's in the way a
                  > little - I'd rather it was locked in with the other panels.
                  >