8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 7:07 AM by JLuci

CS5 Error with Animation Output

polo2000 Level 1

Running CS5 on a Mac 10.6.4

Every time I render, it gives the following error message:

An output module failed. The file may be damaged or corrupted. (-1610153464)

I've tested the files on a different machine and they open and render out fine.

I did some searches and for some it was the dreaded Optical Flares plugin from Video CoPilot causing this same problem.

I'm having these issues and I don't have any plugins installed.

Re-Installed everything 3 times, trashed preferences, removed plugins from the Application support and still no luck.

The only thing that works for me is outputting to a PNG or JPEG sequence.

If I try to render using the Animation preset, It gives the error message.

I also have been getting a weird "MooV" error message when I try to import certain types of quicktime files. Not all just a few random ones.

All of this leads me to believe it may be an issue with 32 bit Quicktime.

Any suggests on how I can get the Animation preset working again?

Thanks.

It gives an error message

• 1. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
          JLuci

Hey There,

Just wondering if you solved this problem. I am having the exact same issue. I also do NOT have the Optical Flares plug-in. I am running AE CS5 and Quicktime 10 64 bit. Having a hell of a time trying to figure this one out. Deadline looming. I greatly appreciate any information or clues you can give me. Thank you.

Jeff

• 2. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
            JLuci Level 1

BTW, I also get the MooV errors when importing certain Quicktime files. I changed the codec to H.264 and those went away though.

• 3. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I am running AE CS5 and Quicktime 10 64 bit.

You need the "classic" Quicktime 7 for any of this to work properly. QT X is of no use in this case. Download and install the latest version of QT7/iTunes!

Mylenium

• 4. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
                JLuci Level 1

Thanks for the response. Would you suggest replacing QT10 with 7 or can I have both? Why is it necessary to have a different iTunes?

Thanks again for the response. This is helpful.

• 5. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
                  JLuci Level 1

OK, I've learned that you cannot get rid of QTX when running OSX v10.6. However, I already have QT Player 7.6.6 in my utilities folder. Is having it set up this way any different from what I would have if I downloaded the latest version of QT7/iTunes? Do I need QT 7 Pro? Do I need to redirect anything in AECS5 to use QT7 and not QTX?

Jeff

• 6. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
                    JLuci Level 1

Fixed the problem. Had to remove AviImporter.component from the Quicktime directory in the Library folder. Solved everything posted above.

• 7. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
                      bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

JLuci wrote:

Fixed the problem. Had to remove AviImporter.component from the Quicktime directory in the Library folder. Solved everything posted above.

Thanks for the information but, sheesh, that's an obscure solution. I've been watching QT7 vs QTX discusssions for many months and haven't seen that suggestion. Would you mind telling folks where that component lives? Lots of Macintosh users won't be able to find it easily.

bogiesan

• 8. Re: CS5 Error with Animation Output
                        JLuci Level 1

Sure, I had the exact problem posted at the top of this thread. Spent two days reading all the posts regarding anything that had to do with this Output Module error. I finally came upon a post of someone who was having a similar issue as I with the hang at start up. However, the post was replied to by a guy who said "Repeat the hang with only AE running,  then go to the Activity Monitor and select the QT32 Server process.   Then press the "Sample Process" button at the top of the window...It looks like both of you are having a similar problem with a third party AVI codec.  Please remove or uninstall any third party AVI codecs such as DivX,  XVid, etc. from your system and try AE again."

"You can also temporarily disable these components by closing any QT related apps and then dragging components out of the Library/QuickTime folder on your boot drive.   If that works, try adding them back one by one until it fails again.  That is the problem codec."

So I removed AviImporter.component from Library/Quicktime on the boot drive and these two problems were solved.

Here is the link to the post where I found this info.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/634237?start=0&tstart=0