2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2010 6:31 AM by the_wine_snob

New To Premiere Elements

Indough Level 1

Hi, I am new to Premiere Elements.

I made a slideshow and burned it to a CD. I tried to burn it to a DVD but was unable to.  When I played it on my DVD player the quality\y was not good.

Any Suggestions?

Look forward to your reply.

Blair

• 1. Re: New To Premiere Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Did you burn your slideshow to CD or DVD?

And how were you able to watch the DVD if you were unable to burn it?

I'm not sure what you're asking, Blair. But do know that video is fairly low resolution -- roughly the equivalent of a 640x480 pixels. So a slideshow burned to video isn't going to be nearly as clear or detailed as your original photos. It should look fine on your TV, though, if you followed the instructions in our FAQs to the right of this forum and resized your photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=0

If you're putting together a more detailed slideshow to watch on your computer, there are other programs which are effective, and we'll be glad to recommedn them.

But, for slideshows to watch on TV -- well, all you can get is TV resoluiton.

• 2. Re: New To Premiere Elements
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For starters, what is your Project Preset?

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of your still images? Note: they should be close to the Frame Size of your Project Preset, and quality, plus workability will improve, if you size in PS or PSE before Import.

When you attempted to Burn to Disc for a DVD, what happened? Did you get any error messages? If so, please share the details of that/those message(s).

As Steve points out, DVD-Video resolutions are pretty low by today's standards, and BD offers higher possible resolution, but one does need a BD burner and BD media to accomplish. The Project Preset will be different, as well.

Good luck,

Hunt