Exit

ADA Fixes for Robohelp: Frames & CSS Issues

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fellow Robohelpers:

I am attempting to resolve a set of major issues within Robohelp 8

a) Frames are not properly named in Robohelp 8. Is anyone aware with which files to change (post generation or pre-generation of outputs) to rename Frames so the visually impaired user is clearly informed which frame they are on

b)When you disable CSS, the navigational elements (frames) become a jumble. They do not function correctly (TOC, Index, Search) since Robohelp is heavily CSS dependent and hides objects (text fields, the various left hand navigational elments) behind CSS.

Any reccomendations how to resolve these, or insights as to how to make Adobe aware of this! I have been reaching out to them about this for quite some time! I am hoping capturing a workaround for at least a) will make the tool one step closer to ADA compliance (screen reader compliance)

Thanks

Yaseen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I guess your output is WebHelp. First, try to create 'Section 508 compliant' output or pure HTML output. This may solve quite a bit of your problems.

If you don't want that output, this is what I think:

a) RH nests a lot of frames, but start looking at the launch file, the csh.htm file, whskinfrmset01.htm and whskin_frmset010.htm. Note that if you change the names of frames, this may cause some scripts to stop functioning...

b) As for the CSS issues, the only way to make that work is to manually sort out all problems and amend the javascripts.

If you want to let Adobe know your wish, use the wish form: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp