4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2010 9:45 PM by fishmor

video on top of video?

fishmor Level 1

Greetings from the plains of South Dakota - Here is my question - I have clips of a guy pointing a gun and clips of pheasants flying - I want to make a flyer that has these images on it as if they were "one picture" - I thought I would put the videos on top of each other and then freeze frame it at the point that I want the picture - how do I do video on top of video and is this a good process for this?  Thanks, Eric

• 1. Re: video on top of video?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You're talking about compositing a photo, right? Not a video.

You should output a freeze frame of each frame and then use Photoshop Elements to combine the two elements into one photo.

My book "The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements" gives you lots of information on how to do both of these things. It's available on Amazon.com and from Muvipix.com.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: video on top of video?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Eric,

Do you have Photoshop Elements? If so, you would not need to involve Premiere Elements in this exercise at all.

In the Photoshop Elements Full Editor, go to the File Menu/Import/Frame from Video which will allow you to grab your frames from your two videos and save them in a variety of formats, including jpeg. In Photoshop Elements you could then create your composite image from a freeze frame from each of the videos (guy and pheasants).

I see it also doable in Premiere Elements. Guy video on video track 1, pheasant video on video track 2. Split Screen Effect using Crop (Effects/Video Effects/Transform/Crop) and Motion Panel Scale and Position to arrange. You might even throw in the Effects/Video Effects/Transform/Edge Feather to minimize the sharp edges of the images that are going into the composite.....Timeline Indicator at location to give you the desired view in the Edit Mode Monitor, hit the Camera Icon at the bottom right of the Edit Mode Monitor to generate your freeze frame (as bmp which will have the size of the Premiere Elements project preset).

Just some thoughts.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: video on top of video?
              fishmor Level 1

Thanks guys - fantastic advice - by the way Steve I looked at your free PRE tutorial and was very helpful with transitions - haven't finished this current project yet but will soon - have to download photoshop - ATR that was pretty much what I was thinking of doing on this but haven't used photoshop yet - still looking into subscription at muvipix.com - Eric

• 4. Re: video on top of video?
                fishmor Level 1

I hate to say it but when I started all of this I obviously bought the wrong book (PRE 8 by Chris Grover) - guess I should have researched more - Eric