7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2010 8:04 PM by Brittnaw

Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure

Brittnaw

Yesterday I tried to export a video onto my computer, once it said it was 100% done and error came up on my screen saying "Export Error API Failure". The video is around 9 min long, but when I went to go see what it had actually saved onto my computer was only 2 min long. I decided to try exporting it again, but at 100% it still gave me that API Failure error. I have made videos much longer than this and I have never had this problem. I have been looking everywhere for a solution but no luck. I am really hoping somebody knows what I should do to fix this problem.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of camcorder did your original video come from?

Which project preset did you use in Premiere Elements?

What type of file did you output your video as -- and did you export it to your C drive or to another hard drive?

Also, check out these suggestions, brought up in a Google search. Sometimes the name you give the output file can cause problems.

http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/Error:API_failure

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure
            Brittnaw Level 1

Its not really a camcorder it's Fraps.

The original preset is PAL-HDV-HDV 1080i 25.

Output file is the one for playback on Window PC

yes I exported it to (G:) hard drive

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure
              nealeh Level 5
              • Install all Windows updates
              • Install latest version of QuickTime (v7.6.6 at time of writing)
              • Install most recent graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites
              • Run Disk Cleanup
              • Run Defragmenter
              • Post back here with the necessary information described here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Brittnaw

You say that you are working with Fraps.

http://www.fraps.com/faq.php

What did you convert the saved raw AVI to and with what? Fraps support recommends several ways, including Virtual Dub for a compressed .avi and also Windows Movie Maker. What did you use and what are the properties (compression, frame size, etc) of your new compressed avi if you decided to go the .avi route?

Depending on your response, I can direct you to some posts from people who have had success dealing with Premiere Elements and video with Fraps origin.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure
                  Brittnaw Level 1

For Fraps I record full size and at 60fps

I converted the raw .avi to a .wmv

It was converted with Adobe Premiere Elements 8

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Brittnaw

Thanks for the additional details.

I just need to confirm a few more details.

You say that you took the Fraps raw AVI and converted it to a .wmv file successfully with Premiere Elements. Is that correct?

What Share/Personal Computer/Windows Media preset and settings under the Advanced Button did you use to obtain this .wmv which you did successfully save to the hard drive? What were the properties of the .wmv (frame size, frame rate, etc)?

Now am I correct in understanding, currently

a. Your Premiere Elements project preset (new project dialog) = PAL HDV HDV 1080i25 (1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 at 25 frames per second)

b. You are trying to export the wmv mentioned earlier, but how? Share/Personal Computer, what category, what preset, and what settings under the Advanced Button.

ATR

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Export Error API Failure
                      Brittnaw Level 1

Yes I converted it from the raw AVI fraps file to a .WMV file with Premiere Elements but was only successful for 2 minutes instead of the full 9 minutes.

The preset under the Advanced Button were of the following;

Description: 720p High Definition Movie for playback on other PCs

File type: Windows Media

Frame Size: 1280 x 720

Frame Rate: 25

I have used these settings in the past and have successfully saved it to my computer, only sometimes the effects I had used (such as the crop, zoom, and earthquake effects) were not the same as I had set them in the timeline.

As for this time when I started to save the movie to my computer, once it was 100% done it gave me an error saying Export Error API Failure. Since it said 100% done I wanted to see what it had saved. I check the file where I saved it and it had 2 minutes saved out of the 9 minutes it was suppose to save. There was another file with the same name next to it, but when I went to view it,the message on the bottom said "Media still changing"

a. Yes, that is my new project dialog

b. I am trying to export the .avi files into .wmv to save it to my computer.