1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2010 2:08 PM by MurraySummers

DW CS5 APP - CSS Help Needed

revdave Level 1

I'm trying to learn about using CSS in DW CS5 and I could use some help....

like....

- I'm a bit confused with the difference in CSS / HTML tabs in property inspector - like why is there 2 not just 1?

- also working with css in tables .... I try to edit / delete / change from 1 class to another and it doesn't do what I expect - that sort of thing

- also I'd like to highlight some text and simply add css to it easily - (from css window?)

- any way you get the ideas

Q: are there some simple DW CS5 tutorials to get me going?

• 1. Re: DW CS5 APP - CSS Help Needed
          MurraySummers Level 8

- I'm a bit confused with the difference in CSS / HTML tabs in property inspector - like why is there 2 not just 1?

Two what?  The HTML 'tab' gives you access to HTML properties, and the CSS 'tab' to CSS properties.  Is that what you mean?

- also working with css in tables .... I try to edit / delete / change from 1 class to another and it doesn't do what I expect - that sort of thing

You would have to show us what you are doing, what you expected to see, and what you actually saw.  A look at your code would be the very best way to help you with this.

- also I'd like to highlight some text and simply add css to it easily - (from css window?)

Sorry - I don't follow.  Highlight text and add what CSS to it?

- any way you get the ideas

Well, as a matter of fact, no. I don't.

Q: are there some simple DW CS5 tutorials to get me going?

The very best bet would be to spend your time learning about HTML and CSS - you can do that at http://www.w3schools.com.  If you are comfortable in those two, DW will be easy.