2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2010 5:29 AM by One_Life

Can Flash play the audio for the subset of frames being tested/scrubbed?

One_Life

Hi,

Can you tell me -- if I want to play/test only 30 frames of 100, is it possible to hear the audio that just pertains to those 30 frames?  Or is this only possible, IF the audio segment STARTS WITHIN those 30 frames?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Can Flash play the audio for the subset of frames being tested/scrubbed?
          Sudheendra Sathavalli Level 1

Audio segment has to start within 30 frames , where you stop your execution. As you call stop() in 30 th frame swf cant go further to any frames  hence any sound which comes after 30th frame wont play.

Thanks,

Sudheendra

• 2. Re: Can Flash play the audio for the subset of frames being tested/scrubbed?
            One_Life Level 1

Sudheendra,

Thanks for your response.  I'm a little confused though by your first sentence, however.

Here's my need:  I have an audio that is 2 minutes long.   I want to add animation to different pieces of that. When I do that, I don't want to always go to the very start of the 2 minute audio, and play the whole thing through, in order to see the frames I am working on.   I  only want to hear the audio that pertains to the frames I'm working on, that I'm testing.

I have another tool I use, it will not play the audio for a subset of frames, UNLESS THE AUDIO STARTS INSIDE THOSE FRAMES.  In other words, it needs to have:

O--------- frames I want to see ---------O

|--audio starts AFTER frames I want to see----|

Please note I EXPECT the audio to "chop off" at the END of the test frames I'm scrubbing/testing.  However, I would expect (and need) that if the audio has already started before the frames I'm testing, perhaps long before, it doesn't matter. Flash will simply play the audio pertaining to the subset of frames I am testing. In other words, if the scenario is this:

o-- frames I need to see and test  ----O

|------------- audio started long before frames I want to examine and see -------|

I will 1) be able to hear audio, and 2) be able to hear the audio sounds pertaining to the subset of frames I am testing.   In my other tool I get total silence.  I'm wondering if Flash handles this properly, or has a limitation / bug as well.

Please advise

Thanks