0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2010 7:41 PM by bon_t

dropdownlist in datagrid

bon_t

I'm using Flex 4.  I'm trying to embed a dropdownlist into a datagrid column. When I have the drop-down list on its own, the three "tag" values (i.e. ACCOUNTS, ENQUIRY, PLAN) appear as expected.  However, when the drop-down list is embedded in the column, only the "tag" value for that row appears and the anchor arrow disappears.  I want the user to be able to modify existing values in the drop-down list or to enter new values, hence I left the data column to be editable.  I did try setting editable="false" but then no values at all would show up.

Thanks for your guidance!

Here are the relevant snippets of my code:

[Bindable]
      private var samplesDG:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection([{"index":1,"count":44,"tag":"ACCOUNTS","fake":"false","audioFile":"C:\\Tagging_Station\\20070206000004\\chan23-20070223161414.ul aw","comments":"","transcriptionError":"","transcription":"i'd like to dispute my current billing account"},{"index":2,"count":21,"tag":"ENQUIRY","fake":"true","audioFile":"C:\\Tagging_Station\\20070206000004\\chan23-20070227134917.ula w","comments":"","transcriptionError":"","transcription":"customer service"},{"index":3,"count":37,"tag":"PLAN","fake":"false","audioFile":"C:\\Tagging_Station\\20070206000004\\chan19-20070206081117.ul aw","comments":"","transcriptionError":"","transcription":"a phone plan"}]);

<!-- THIS IS THE DROPDOWNLIST ON ITS OWN -->

<s:DropDownList x="338" y="280" dataProvider="{samplesDG}" labelField="tag"></s:DropDownList>

dropdownlist_tags.JPG

<!-- THIS IS THE DROPDOWNLIST IN THE COLUMN -->

<mx:DataGrid x="82" y="189" dataProvider="{samplesDG}" width="100%" height="100%" editable="true">
                      <mx:columns>

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Tag" dataField="tag">
                              <mx:itemRenderer>
                                  <fx:Component>
                                      <s:MXDataGridItemRenderer>
                                          <s:DropDownList labelField="{data.tag}"/>
                                      </s:MXDataGridItemRenderer>
                                  </fx:Component>
                              </mx:itemRenderer>
                          </mx:DataGridColumn>

</mx:columns>
                  </mx:DataGrid>

dropdownlist_tags_in_column.JPG