5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2010 11:39 AM by the_wine_snob

Help: color on video playback is severely altered.

Austin0406

Hello, I am new to both the Elements and these forums. I will do my best to provide adequate information regarding my computer so all you tech wizards can help me.

First, the problem: When I play back my video after pulling the media from my files, the color is heavily tinted a teal-ish color. When I pause it, it looks normal, but the color goes off again when I play it. Here's how it looks when it's paused: http://i28.tinypic.com/15ekbau.png . And here's how it looks when I play it: http://i32.tinypic.com/mb7sxg.png . Now, if this is a simple issue to fix (which I'm hoping it is), I hope that someone could provide the help without the helper having to do a lot of reading, and me doing a lot of research and typing.

I understand the more information I can give, the easier it i  for someone to help. Well, I will try to provide what I have.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1525, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100   2.1 GHz procesor with 3 gigs of RAM. I run Windows 7, and I am not very knowledgeble about computers, although I know and understand most basics.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I am a gamer, and am trying to pot up recorded videos of gameplay from my Xbox 360 onto video sharing sites. I ue, of course, my Xbox 360, and to record the gameplay I use a Hauppauge HD PVR recorder. I record the videos onto my computer, and then I pull them into my Adobe Elements editor, where I currently have this issue. I THINK the format my PVR records in is something called M2TS. At least, that's what the video file says under its details. I pulled it up on the Elements editor in AVCHD 1080i format. Dunno if that's the problem.

Let me know if I need to provide more information. Thanks so much for helping, I understand several of you put a lot of effort into helping people with their problems, thank you very much for doing so! Any help here would be much appreciated. 

Side question: Is there a way to edit video to make it play back in a faster speed? Like, take 60 seconds of real-time video, and convert it all to 15 seconds (fast motion, instead of slow motion)?