Can you provide some more information regarding your problem.
1.) What version of Ubuntu are you using
2.) How you have set the proxy (for example manuallyl, pac )
3.) Which app are you using
I have tried on Ubuntu 10.04 with twhirl and I am unable to reproduce the issue
Thanks for your reply ashish!!
1) I am using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04;
2) My proxy is set as Manual Proxy Configuration with the address, the port and the authentication parameters;
3) I am using Grooveshark application from grooveshark.com (just vip users)
Thanks for your help.
p.s. I have tried twhirl right now and I have the same problem with it! Could it be a problem of the repository version? I really don't know..
Can you please try the following things:
1. In Manual Proxy Configuration, can you try providing just the address and the port (without any authentication parameters)? It should then throw a dialog for authentication params and then let us know if it works for you.
2. Can you try specifying the proxy URL on command line (export http_proxy=http://proxyserver.something:<port>) and then run the app from there?
Knowing the answers to the above questions would help us in figuring out the problem.