7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2010 5:21 AM by Steve Grisetti

PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline

aklempn Level 1

I am using PE8 trail version to evaluate the SW

I used "get media" to import from my Sony DV - till here all is fine, I see my project files on the timeline

Now when I try to run the footage from the timeline - only the sound is heard and the video stops after a split of a second while the sounds continues.

Playing the same from the organizer - all went well.....

This is very annying problem, I would like to buy this SW but this problem must be solved for it to be usable.

Please help  :-)

10x

Avi

• 1. Re: PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline
          nealeh Level 5

When you say 'Sony DV' is that from a tape based camcorder that you have captured over a firewire connection? If so that should be perfect for PRE and it may be that you have used an incorrect project setting when first creating your project.

On the timeline is there a red line above the clip? If so press [enter] to render the clip for preview (the line will turn green) and see if that solves the immediate problem.

If that doesn't work then please provide us with additional information outlined here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline
            aklempn Level 1

nealeh wrote:

When you say 'Sony DV' is that from a tape based camcorder that you have captured over a firewire connection? If so that should be perfect for PRE and it may be that you have used an incorrect project setting when first creating your project.

Yes using Sony Camcoder

On the timeline is there a red line above the clip? If so press [enter] to render the clip for preview (the line will turn green) and see if that solves the immediate problem.

I am not in front of the home PC right now but if I remember correctly there is a yellow line over the clip not red. and I already used [Enter] to render the clipe for preview and no Green line follows the rendering process.

If that doesn't work then please provide us with additional information outlined here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale

Thank you for your answer,

See my comments embedded, I will continue to play with the PE8 some more later tonight, is there anything I should be looking for?

I will read the Got a Problem? How to Get Started also.

I appreciate your support

Avi

• 3. Re: PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline
              nealeh Level 5

A DV tape based camcorder footage captured via firewire is the perfect footage for PRE. When you create a new project you have to select a 'project setting'.

project2.png

For tape based footage you need to examine the camcorder setting to see what it shoots (Standard or High Definition) and whether the footage is standard or widescreen (SD) 1080 or 720 (HDV).

project1.png

So your project setting should be one of the above and match your camera setting. I've shown the PAL settings as that's where I am - if you are in NTSC world the same four options will show.

If you get it right then the footage should show on the timelime without a redline.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale

• 4. Re: PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline
                aklempn Level 1

Neale,

I checked my setting, I am using the default PAL-DV-WideScreen setting

I have no red or green line, it is for a second red when I opened the project and after a second turn gray.

I have 500GB free space on the Media drive and I am using core 2 due E6750 with 2GB of RAM

I have ATI Radeon X1950 Pro and Catalyst driver version 10.2

I still can not get rendering working :-(

I appreciate any help

10x

Avi

• 5. Re: PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What happens if you move the video clip to your C drive?

If it plays fine in Premiere Elements off your C drive, then it could be a poor configuration with your Media Drive.

If you're still having problems, your computer likely needs a tune-up or operating system update.

• 6. Re: PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline
                    aklempn Level 1

All,

Thanks for the help.

I did disk defragmentation and suddenly all is rendered and I can view from the timeline...wired but at least it is working now.

BR

Avi

• 7. Re: PE8 - Can not plan a sceen from the timeline
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Actually, it's not weird at all, if you consider what we've written.

But glad you're up and running again. Happy moviemaking! Keep that computer clean and defragmented -- per my books and the FAQs to the right of this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=30