5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2010 8:03 AM by Noel Carboni

Preset - Lens Profile Corrections - cumulatively sensitive?

JohnWinkler Level 1

Adding another non-overlapping preset after a Lens Profile Corrections preset has been added seems to upset the Lens Profile Corrections Preset and it bails out & leaves the others behind.

When the Lens Profile Corrections preset is first added it seems quite happy to coexist with any previous presets - until the interloper arrives.

For example the killer preset could simply be a humble test saturation change.

Are all presets still supposed to behave independently (assuming no overlap) with the new Lens functionality?

FYI It's ACR 6.1 & Windows Vista.

Thanks,

John

• 1. Re: Preset - Lens Profile Corrections - cumulatively sensitive?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So others can repeat it, can you give step-by-step instructions of a simple case where this occurs, including the items in each preset and how you apply the presets? 

From your description it sounds like you've included the lack of Lens Corrections in the other preset and so applying the other preset has just turned the corrections off where I assume you wouldn't have taken the time to post about it, if this is all that is happening, but to clarify, when you create a Preset you need to only have the checkbox enabled for the items you want to apply as part of that preset.

I cannot duplicate your scenario.  For example:

If I open up a RAW file in ACR with the default settings, without lens-corrections enabled, and Saturation set to middle (0).

Then enable Lens Corrections (which automatically finds my camera and lens), and create a preset including just the Lens Corrections.

Then I undo the lens-corrections, and set the Saturation to -100% (b/w) and create a preset for that including just Saturation.

Then undo the Saturation change, so things are back to default settings. I can apply the Lens Corrections preset and see the change for that, then apply the Saturation preset and see the change for that but the lens-corrections still remain as they were, with the slight pincushion corrected and the lens vignetting corrected.

• 2. Re: Preset - Lens Profile Corrections - cumulatively sensitive?
            Yammer Level 4

Yes, I'd agree with all that, and mention that "0" is not the same as "nothing" . In other words, if you have a preset with a zero setting, it will overwrite any previous setting with 0, whereas a preset with no value for a setting will not affect that setting when applied. I hope that's clear, because it's a nightmare to phrase.

• 3. Re: Preset - Lens Profile Corrections - cumulatively sensitive?
              JohnWinkler Level 1

It appears you have it with the only difference being Custom vs Auto for lens profile selection.

Confirming the simple test:

·        Open a raw with ACR defaults - without lens correction and saturation at 0.

·        [optional: Flyout / reset camera raw defaults]

·        Lens corrections tab, select lens profile corrections

·        Select custom (my D200/17-55 is not being found automatically, separate post in lens profile creator forum & wondering now if this is related)

·        Select make, model and profile.

·        Presets Tab, click new preset, deselect everything except Lens Profile Corrections, provide name & OK.

·        Set back to camera raw defaults

·        Basic panel, set saturation -100

·        Presets Tab, click new preset, deselect everything except saturation, provide name & OK.

·        Set back to camera raw defaults

·        Presets tab (or flyout/apply preset), select lens preset. Lens correction appears ok.

·        Presets tab (or flyout/apply preset), select saturation preset. Lens corrections reverts to original, saturation ok at -100.

• 4. Re: Preset - Lens Profile Corrections - cumulatively sensitive?
                MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee

This is a bug and will be fixed.

• 5. Re: Preset - Lens Profile Corrections - cumulatively sensitive?
                  Noel Carboni Level 7
                  function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

MadManChan2000 wrote:

This is a bug and will be fixed.

I hope you realize how incredibly comforting a simple statement like that can be.

Microsoft could learn a lot from you folks about being accessible and open.

Thank you.

-Noel