2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2007 10:07 AM by Kathleen_GravusArt

link swf files to dreamweaver html pages

Kathleen_GravusArt

how do i link buttons created in Flash movies to dreamweaver html pages? i can place the movie on the dw page - I mean how do I combine the content so that I use a flash movie on a dw page and use a link button created in Flash to connect to another dw html page? thank you so much.
        • 1. Re: link swf files to dreamweaver html pages
          clbeech Level 3
          If you just want to go to another HTML page use the 'getURL()' method.

If you need to pass values to something else on the HTML page, you'll need to use FlashVars, and/or the LoadVars classes.
          • 2. Re: link swf files to dreamweaver html pages
            Kathleen_GravusArt Level 1

thanks clbeech. I am using the GoToWebPage Behavior, but how do I use the getURL. I do not know how to write the script for same - it requires the url, window,method written a specific way - could you give me a written example?
            I do not know what methods are - could you explain a few or give me an idea of where to find out about them? Thanks very much. YOu mention Flash variables and Load Variables classes. Again, help. Where can I find out about these explained in a clear manner.
            Also, the Behavior works in all Browsers except Explorer. I am on the Mac platform. Do you know why? much thanks. kathleen