5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 5:13 PM by Claude_B

All URL Links disabled in my CS4 pop-up Scrolling Window when published to the Web

Claude_B

Hi everyone,

I originally created a .fla file using CS4 and published a .swf on one of my websites and everything was going well.

I am now working with CS5 saving in CS4 format. I have a pop-up scrolling window defined in my .swf (created from a CS5 -> CS4 .fla) which is fed by an ActionScript 2.0 html text file.

Now, when I publish the .swf to the web (locally it still works), all the links in this pop-up window are not working and even become unavailable.  I cannot even see the cursor change when I go over the links with my mouse. It is like no links are available at all in this pop-up window while all my other links in the .swf are still working fine locally and on-line.

Please note that I have no software or settings preventing my Internet Explorer to use pop-up windows.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

CB

• 1. Re: All URL Links disabled in my CS4 pop-up Scrolling Window when published to the Web
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you're publishing for as2, correct?  you're NOT using tlftextfields, correct?

if yes to both, copy and paste your html string and the actionscript assigning htmlText to your textfield.

• 2. Re: All URL Links disabled in my CS4 pop-up Scrolling Window when published to the Web
            Claude_B Level 1

kglad,

You are right. Yes to both .

I have a variable in my .fla called "events_readmore_txt1"

===

onClipEvent(load){this.t.v = _root.events_txt5;}
            on (rollOver) {this.gotoAndPlay("s1");}
            on (rollOut) {this.gotoAndPlay("s2");}
            on (release) {

_root.scrHEIGHT = 250;
            _root.scroller._x = 300;
            _root.scroller._y = 130.69999999999999;
            _root.scroller.scroller.gotoAndStop(2);
            _root.TM_title = _root.events_readmore_title1;
            _root.TM_content = _root.events_readmore_txt1;
            _root.scroller.gotoAndPlay("s1");
            }

===

and the html text looks like :

===

&events_readmore_txt1=%bb <a href="http://www.abc.com"target="_blank"> <u>Link_Desc</u></a>

&

===

CB

• 3. Re: All URL Links disabled in my CS4 pop-up Scrolling Window when published to the Web
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

the only thing that code does (relative to this thread) is assign a variable with duplicate value (if loading of the text file is complete and if loading was done on the _root timeline):

_root.TM_content = _root.events_readmore_txt1;

show the code where you load your text file and show the code where you assign htmlText to your textfield.   (is your textfield html enabled?)

• 4. Re: All URL Links disabled in my CS4 pop-up Scrolling Window when published to the Web
                Claude_B Level 1

Hello,

I am pretty sure, it is not related to my variables in my .fla neither the text file since all my other links are working and they were all working in my CS4 version.

So, I have been doing some testing and I suspect it has to do with the layers composing a scolling text.

Since the "scrolling" layers are above the text box, I think that they "hide" the links contained in my text box.

Have you encountered situations like this ?

Do you have any suggestions on how to set-up my layers ? (Display Blending, Cache bitmap, Arrangements Back/Front between text and layers etc...)

Thank you again.

CB

• 5. Re: All URL Links disabled in my CS4 pop-up Scrolling Window when published to the Web
                  Claude_B Level 1

Finally, I found the answers to my problems.

My suspicions were right ! It had to do with the different layers composing my text boxes. There were 2 kind of boxes with one different problem for each of them :

1. Scrolling Text Area (with a Slider) which is part of the Main Scene Window :

Solution : My animated Text Box which contained my links was composed of many overlaying Movie Clips items and Layers in my main Scene. I had to hide (Put an X under the Eye column in the Flash Timeline Window) for some of the Layers in the Timeline that were on top of my Text Layer leaving my Blending setting (In the Properties Tab) to Normal. So when I now Publish, links are available through the hidden Layers which were previously interfering with my Text Layer.

2. New Scrolling Window (like a new window in Windows) containing text and links :

Solution : My new window containing the text and my links was also composed of many overlaying Movie Clips items (Movie Clip over the Main Scene). For this one, I had to select, for each of the overlaying Movie Clip items, in their respective Properties Tab : Overlay (and make it 100%) as the Color Effect Property and leave my Blending setting to Normal. So when I now Publish, links are available through the 100% Overlayed Movie Clip which were previously interfering with my Text Box item.

It took me a while and some trials and errors to figure it out and make it work but I sincerely hope this will help people who are experiencing the same kind of problems.

Thanks,

Claude