4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2007 10:09 AM by Newsgroup_User

WMF (11)

dabear247
      Hi,

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it very much! I recently upgraded my Windows Media player to #11 and now I can't seem to upload any of my WMV files via dreamweaver to my website. (At least I'm pretty sure this is the only difference since my last successful WMV upload) I've got a few different sites with different companies - so the problem is on my end. It starts to upload no problem, but then tells me the file inactivity is incomplete? When I view the link from another computer - i get sent to a page of information

I seem to be able to upload MP3s that are using quicktime...

Any ideas at all? I should warn you I'm not really all that literate with this stuff.

THANK YOU

• 1. Re: WMF (11)
          andreluxury Level 1
          I don't think dreamweaver supports WMV, but I may be wrong because I am not an expert like the newsgroup users. However, maybe you could trasfer the movie format to probably MP4 I think it'd work.
          • 2. Re: WMF (11)
            dabear247 Level 1
            I've actually uploaded a heap of WMV before - but it was with an earlier version of the player. Ugh, why must it all be so difficult :)
            • 3. Re: WMF (11)
              Level 7
              Dreamweaver just uploads files. It doesn't care what version of Windows
              Media Player you have.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
              ==================

"dabear247" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:f9m1j1$67$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hi,
              >
              > If anyone can help I'd appreciate it very much! I recently upgraded my
              > Windows Media player to #11 and now I can't seem to upload any of my WMV
              > files
              > via dreamweaver to my website. (At least I'm pretty sure this is the only
              > difference since my last successful WMV upload) I've got a few different
              > sites
              > with different companies - so the problem is on my end. It starts to
              > upload no
              > problem, but then tells me the file inactivity is incomplete? When I view
              > the
              > link from another computer - i get sent to a page of information
              >
              > I seem to be able to upload MP3s that are using quicktime...
              >
              > Any ideas at all? I should warn you I'm not really all that literate
              > with
              > this stuff.
              >
              > THANK YOU
              >
              >
              >
              >

• 4. Re: WMF (11)
                Level 7
                About using Windows Media in web pages:
                www.mediacollege.com/video/format/windows-media/

--Nancy O.
                Alt-Web Design & Publishing
                www.alt-web.com

"dabear247" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:f9m1j1$67$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Hi,
                >
                > If anyone can help I'd appreciate it very much! I recently upgraded my
                > Windows Media player to #11 and now I can't seem to upload any of my WMV
                files
                > via dreamweaver to my website. (At least I'm pretty sure this is the only
                > difference since my last successful WMV upload) I've got a few different
                sites
                > with different companies - so the problem is on my end. It starts to
                upload no
                > problem, but then tells me the file inactivity is incomplete? When I view
                the
                > link from another computer - i get sent to a page of information
                >
                > I seem to be able to upload MP3s that are using quicktime...
                >
                > Any ideas at all? I should warn you I'm not really all that literate
                with
                > this stuff.
                >
                > THANK YOU
                >
                >
                >
                >