2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2010 5:45 PM by BogongBreeze

Could Adobe update have messed with Vista?

BogongBreeze

I just had a major problem with Vista Business.  Vista required re-activation - and demanded that I reinstall Vista.  Fortunately I found a workaround and was able to activate over the phone without doing a re-installation, which would have involved reformatting the hard drive.  The whole episode, including finding solutions on the internet, only took about three hours

The reason I'm wondering if it was Adobe is that the Adobe Reader update is the only change to my computer in the past 24 hours.  I allowed the update installation after a message asking me to do so, as part of the automatic notification.

I'm curious if anyone else has had the same or similar problem.

It might not be Adobe Reader at all of course.  I just thought it a coincidence and worth posting about here, just in case there is a problem with the latest build.

(I won't be re-installing the Reader because I have Adobe Acrobat 8, as part of Adobe Design Premium - so won't be without a pdf reader altogether.  Haven't tried the full Acrobat yet - but hopefully it's okay.)