Well, that has been the pattern for the last 8 years!
But you never know for sure. Maybe Adobe will decide to slow down to an 18 month turnaround pattern, as they do with their pro software, so they'll have more time to refine the programs.
I will GUESS that v9 will be later than that... IF Adobe is changing it over to a 64bit compile
But, since I personally doubt that Adobe will move the consumer oriented PreEl away from 32bits, that general time may be good
Of course, anyone who is testing has signed an NDA, so any dates are speculation until Adobe announces
then i better start learn more now... Lol
Ohhh! - I've been hanging on in, just because I really need the 64 bit versions of
Photoshop elements & Premier Elements:
I do hope that Adobe listen to my plea!!!
Based on the outcry, when PrPro CS5 went 64-bit, I am not sure that migrating PrE to a 64-bit OS would be judicious, at least not yet. We still get about 10 - 15% of the potential users yelling for a 32-bit version of PrPro. Considering the different target market, my guess would be that PrE will not make that jump, until PrE 10, but remember, that is ONLY a guess. Also, at approximately US$100, I do not think that Adobe will offer both versions in one package, though I have been surprised before.
So long as PrE is certified for a 64-bit OS, it just might stay a 32-bit program for a bit. Besides, with some of the driver issues in Win7 64-bit, it might be prudent to wait for MS to issue SP1, and hopefully fix some of those issues.