2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2007 6:09 AM by sivudu

developing flex app dynamically -- need help

sivudu
      Hi,

All these days I have developed prototype based on flex2. Now I wants to implement that one dynamically. Basically I am a web developer (J2EE) . At present I have been using BEA Weblogic8.1 , Oracle and installed flex eclipse plug in.
      To develope flex app dynamically what are basic steps I have to take mean how can I interact my flex app with DB and how can I integrate my flex app with existing frame work etc.

Anybody help me in this regard. I will be greateful to them.

Thanks & Regards,
      Siva Kumar
        • 1. Re: developing flex app dynamically -- need help
          chris.huston.t10 Level 3
          One common approach is to use HTTPService to call a PHP, .net or other server-side script which queries the DB and returns a result set to Flex. Flex can then display the data in a variety of forms from data grids to charts.

Remoting with AMF3 is a bit more involved but can sometimes be more efficient than HTTPService if you have very large data sets. HTTPService sends the data as strings but AMF3 uses binary transfer which can be faster and lower band-width requirements.

In terms of how to integrate Flex with your existing framework, you are going to have to be more specific about what your needs are. Flex is amazingly flexible and effecient in my experience and has been able to deal with anything I have had to develop so far.

Vygo
          • 2. Re: developing flex app dynamically -- need help
            sivudu Level 1
            Hi Vygo,

Thanx a lot. I think I wasn't clear of my requirements in my previous mail. Actually we have our own framework (J2EE). What are the s/w's I have to downlaod to integrate Flex with existing framework. As of my knowledge we can integrate flex with any framework. Suppose if I want to integrate Flex with Struts framework what steps I have to follow to acheive that requirement. Please help me to solve my issue.

Thanks & Regards,
            Siva Kumar