5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2010 9:06 AM by deansy55

send email with attachments and change calendar

Level 1

hi,

2 questions,

first how can i change the datepicker icon? i want to use something slightly fresher that i have, say an image of a calendar for example?

the second question is a bit more ocmplicated.

i ahve used the send email behaviour no prolems at all, however i need to be able to on an existing site i used to build with addt have the ability to email documents that are uploaded by addt behaviours into the site?

so at the moment you can upload, delete and view the documents. the documents are displayed in a repeating table, i need to be able to have checkboxes next to each documents name and when selected when the person clicks the submit button it email the message with documents attached to an address they specify?

any help would be great.

thanks

• 1. Re: send email with attachments and change calendar
          Günter Schenk Level 4

Hi there,

the datepicker question: I just found an interesting thread on the old Interakt forums where some user obviously got it solved by editing the file "includes/wdg/classes/Calendar.js" and in here modifying the value of the javascript variable "btnAttributes" (which by default generates a standard button) so that ADDT will render an image type - button.

Cheers,

Günter

• 2. Re: send email with attachments and change calendar
            Level 1

thanks for the help with the datepicker that solved the issue.

many thanks,

any tips on how to send the docs as attachments with chekboxes?

thanks again

• 3. Re: send email with attachments and change calendar
              Günter Schenk Level 4

deansy55 wrote:

any tips on how to send the docs as attachments with chekboxes?

It´s a very interesting requirement which, when solved, could help other users and of course add some value to the whole "system", so to speak. In theory I think it should be easy to do, because the corresponding ADDT "includes" file will be processing any number of attachments as standard PHP array anyway -- and that being said, we should try figuring out how to pass the array of ticked checkboxes (means: the checkbox values, which should specify the file path) to the Send Email function as assumingly comma-separated array. Quite some testing required at this point, so I don´t know when I can come up with an easy to follow answer ;-)

When thinking about this, it would certainly be cool if ADDT would have supported this requirement plus some sort of "attachments from recordset" feature out of the box.

Cheers,

Günter

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: send email with attachments and change calendar
                Level 1

thansk gunter,

i am happy to try figure it out using addt, ill have a go with checkboxes next to the recordset, i could set the ticked value of the checkbox to the name of the document from the recordset and give it a go?

i think it would have been a cool out the box feature, if you can help at all when you can with trying to impliment i would really appreciate it and i think it will definately help other users at the same time.

i have to say i love addt, so sad it is not around as such. i have noticed a few users talking about php5.3 support and just want to let users know i found a site which has the includes file patched:

http://www.interaktonline.info/files/47-ADDT-1.0.1---PHP-5.3-compatibility-patch.html

great site and think that users should have a look at it. not sure if that solves the issues people are having or not. i just stumbled across it and be good if users could keep our heads together to try and keep this great product alive for as long as we can.

anyway i just thought i would share that with you guys.

hope it helps and hope you can help guide me gunter with the email query.

many thanks

• 5. Re: send email with attachments and change calendar
                  Level 1

hi gunter,

anyjoy with the selecting the attachments with check boxes?

i have tried creating a recordset on the page and setting a checkbox with the value of the docname but this did not seem to solve the issue.

thanks again