2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 6:17 PM by EricCJunk

Begging for help... Make intro load website

EricCJunk Level 1

Hey guys, I am new to flash and trying to make a simple flash website video intro in Flash CS5 Pro.

I have a flv viedo on the stage, under an image with a trasnparent center.

I have the video on the bottom layer, the overlay image on the middle layer, and the top layer is my AS layer (AS3).

The video is currently autoplaying when i export.  All i want is for it to open my website in the same window as the intro played when the video ends.

I dont need a "skip intro button" or anything.  I just want it to play the intro when you go to my site, and then bring up the index page of my site after it plays.

Ive seached and searched the internet but cant figure out how to do it.  Any help or a point in the right direction would be great!

Thanks guys!

• 1. Re: Begging for help... Make intro load website
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you can use navigateToURL() to open your website after the video completes.  how you detect when your video completes depends on how your playing your video.  is it being played by an flvplayback component?  (ie, do you see that component in your fla's library?)

• 2. Re: Begging for help... Make intro load website
            EricCJunk Level 1

Hi kglad!

Thank you for your help.  Yes, i am using the flvplayback component.  I imported the video to the library and even though it shows my video on the stage, i see it made a flvplayback component for it in the library.  I also created a new document and am now working in AS2 if that matters.

I currently have the same setup...

TOP LAYER: Empty AS layer

MIDDLE LAYER: Overlay image

BOTTOM LAYER: Imported video (via flvplayback component)

Each layer only uses 1 frame in the timeline if that matters.  Aside from not being able how to make it load my website, i also discovered another problem.  Locally it works fine.  However when i put it up on the server, the flv video doesn't play in the SWF.  I made sure both files were in my root on the server but it wont play.  It shows the overlay though.  I used fiddler to see what files were being used when the website was accessed, and it doesn't even look for the .flv video.  It only calls up the swf which leads me to think im clearly doing many things wrong with the flash .fla file.  Could this be b/c i dont have AS telling the video to start or stop?  I never knew such a simple thing in flash could be so complicated.  lol

In anycase if you could help with my old issue or new one id really appreciate it.