0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2010 3:01 PM by FM_Flame

Flex 4 Flash components effects / cacheAsBitmap / cachePolicy and ViewStack bug?

FM_Flame Level 1

http://www.nedyalkov.net/filip/effectsCacheBug/ - view source enabled

How to test:

Take a look at all the examples. Press the button and wait for the animation to finish, then press it again and wait to go back. Also in the middle of animation press fast many times the button to see how the reverse of the animations is working.

FlashComponent means that we have a Flash component inside the group we are animating.

NoCache means that nothing has cacheAsBitmap on it.

WithCache means that the flash component has it's 2 MovieClips with cacheAsBitmap=true

WithCacheAndCachePolicyOn means that the flash component has it's 2 MovieClips with cacheAsBitmap=true and that the group in which the Flash component is has the cachePolicy=on

WithCacheAndMask means that the flash component has it's 2 MovieClips with cacheAsBitmap=true and the first layer is set as mask to the second one

WithCacheAndMaskAndCachePolicyOn means that the flash component has it's 2 MovieClips with cacheAsBitmap=true and the first layer is set as mask to the second one and that the group in which the Flash component is has the cachePolicy=on

As you can see WithCache and WithCacheAndMask bug if we don't have the cachePolicy=on for the group holding the flash component. Bug?

At the last example I am using a ViewStack instead of a group to hold each view and I am animating groups again - the first child of the navigator content.

The bug I am experiencing there is that the effects or the viewstack itself cause flickering when you click many times to reverse the animation, which is something we don't see in the other examples.

Any idea what exactly causes the flickering here, can I fix it somehow?