2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2010 3:10 PM by Rich Locus

Install of Color Finesse for CS5 Is A Mystery

Rich Locus Level 1

Hello:

I just installed CS5 Master Collection, and I have a left-over serial number for Color Finesse.  After posting questions to Adobe support, searching the contents of my "Contents" disk, and just about everything else, I still don't see the procedure to install the Color Finesse plugin to After Effects.  Has anyone done this?  Where is the install software?  I looked on every one of my CD's (all 4 of them). At least I think Adobe should have provided written instructions or a Read-Me that contained that information, but I have yet to find it.

Thanks,

Rich Locus

• 1. Re: Install of Color Finesse for CS5 Is A Mystery
          Bob Currier Level 3

Color Finesse is automatically installed by the CS5 installer, so you already have it all ready to use.

Within AE, select a layer and go to the Effects menu. You'll find a menu item for Synthetic Aperture, and within that is "SA Color Finesse 3". Choose that to apply it to the selected layer, just as you would any other effect.

The very first time you apply it you'll be asked for that "extra" serial number you have. Be sure to use the serial number labeled as "Color Finesse CS5" as that's the one for Color Finesse 3.

Once you've applied Color Finesse to a layer, you can twirl open the Simplified Interface to view the controls, or click the "Full Interface" button to see the full UI. Within that full UI you'll find a link to the Color Finesse Users Guide in the Help menu.

Hope that gets you up and running.

Bob Currier

Synthetic Aperture

• 2. Re: Install of Color Finesse for CS5 Is A Mystery
            Rich Locus Level 1

You are a good man, Bob Courier!!!!